Score Editor and Chord Track missing fonts

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
joalter

Score Editor and Chord Track missing fonts

Post by joalter »

As you can see from the attached pics, all of the sudden I lost the fonts in the chord track and in the score editor. All vanished after I set up a zoom in the main windows.
Anyone has got the same problems?
Anyone's got a solution/workaround?
Score.jpg
(704.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
chord.jpg
(689.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
windows 10
rme 9632
ati 7200
cubase 8.5.15
P9x79 - i73820 - 64GB 1866 ram -RME fireface - Windows 10 pro - DoricoPro 3 - cubase 10 - halion 6 - vsl - and more...

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Score Editor and Chord Track missing fonts

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

I would recommend to run a Safe Start Mode and then Disable a preferences. If it works, then you can Delete the Preferences.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

joalter

Post by joalter »

Thank you Martin. I just tried the safe start mode right now, disabled the preferences but the problems are still there. I also tried to delete the preference folder but nothing has changed. I tried to reinstall cubase 8.5 and nothing changed. This behavior is also present in version 7, 7.5, and 8 of cubase which are still installed in my machine for compatibility reasons. It's really weird tho...
P9x79 - i73820 - 64GB 1866 ram -RME fireface - Windows 10 pro - DoricoPro 3 - cubase 10 - halion 6 - vsl - and more...

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- »

Sounds like a missing fonts issue. I would try reinstalling.
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
[safe mode] [cubase manual] [score editor manual]

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

If you tried to trash the preferences, did you delete (in fact, I would recommend to rename) even the Preferences folder of older Cubase versions?

At the other, I cannot imagine, all preferences would be affected.

I would also guess a missing fonts, but you already re-installed your Cubase.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

joalter

Post by joalter »

I did in fact re installed cubase. I didn't try to trash all the older versions preferences... It will be my next try. The fonts seem to be there in place. Thank you for your help Steve and Martin. I will let you know if and how I will fix the problem. I can live without a chord track, I can't without the score editor...

MaxRod

Post by MaxRod »

Hi ! I have exactly the same issue. Please tell me how to resolve it!
Thanks a lot

MaxRod

Post by MaxRod »

No Solution ? Anyone? Please....

Bacizone

Post by Bacizone »

The cause of the problem is that your firewall in Windows 10 is disabled.

Enable it and it will allow font activation again and the chord fonts will appear again!

mroekalea

Post by mroekalea »

@ OP: let us know if the proposed solution above works! I had this situation 2 months ago, however I did disable defender and couldn't get it to function again because some certificate had expired, my solution was the worst case scenario: total reinstall from the bottom.... :evil:
Menoj

If nothing goes right, go left!

Win10, 3930K@3.2Ghz, 32GB, 2 x DELL u2713hm monitors (5120 x 1440), monitoring: ADAM P22A with SUB8, Audient ID14 & Behringer XR18 & Focusrite safire pro 26IO, Cubase 9.5 pro & artist 8.5, wavelab 9.5 elements, HSO, RND Portico 5033, CC121, Cubase IC pro, Halion 6, GA4, VG2, Arturia Analog Lab, TRacks CS grand + all custom elements, BFD3, Amplitube 3&4 (fender, orange, SVX collections, slash), Z3TA+2, HSO library, many Waves plugs, Plugin Alliance plugins (BX, SPL, Maag & Elysia), NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, AIR instrument expansion pack v3, Melodyne Studio v4, Soundtoys 5, Lexicon native PCM reverb bundle, UJAM Virtual Guitarist complete bundle, SoniVox Premium collection, Ezkeys upright & Vintage Fender Jazz basses, Fender Bassman 100, Markbass TTE500 , FMC Neo 2128 cab

Return to “General”