(new song) Gauntlet

Hi, a song about a Medieval Knight…

http://knmac.bandcamp.com/track/gauntlet-by-knmac

https://soundcloud.com/knmac/gauntlet-by-knmac

Best, Kevin :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi Kevin ,well done, reminds me a little of wishbone ash with an old english type of old classical chord sequence going off ,which suits the theme ,easy on the ear ,is that you playing the lead guitar ,sounds like mike (you new i was gonna say it) oldfield.

thanks for listening mate…if you mean the sequence immediately after the first verse then that aint no guitar…it’s a synth…easy mistake to make though :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

best to you, Kevin :slight_smile:

oops silly me

Kevin, great job, I can almost smell the horse manure! Mix is very well balanced and clear. Drums sound great. Bass track is a little on the simple side, but I guess they didn’t have electric basses back then! You’re on some kind of a roll. I don’t know how you produce these so fast!

Hi early, thanks for listening… :slight_smile: after actualy producing the song the next worst part for me is doing the bass…so I tend to keep it simple, not being able to play the bass might also have something to do with it… :unamused: :unamused:

I keep my stuff simple…never have more than 24 tracks which helps to produce them quicker I think…
writing the song with guitar or piano…1-3 hours…producing the damn thing to a reasonable listening quality (or before i get bored with it ) a week or two…must be amazing to have the input of good producers and arrangers and engineers and suchlike…never gonna happen though… :frowning: :frowning:

best, kevin :slight_smile:

Yeah really well put together Kevin. Different to a lot of your other posts.
Not just in terms of song style but in terms of structure and parts too.
Captured the mood and sounded like movie trailer material.

Coming from you Jet that is praise indeed…thank you :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

best, kevin :slight_smile:

You just keep getting better my friend. The song has a good power to it that’s not forced. Tasty. Nice chord progressions. Around the 2:50 mark when you kick in the electric guitar I was anticipating that to happen at some point and wasn’t disappointed.

Good of you to listen and comment…thank you :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Never say never. Keep on Truckin’

In my experience the Bass track can have tremendous influence on the feel of a song. I’m not sure how it works for you Kevin but I don’t usually hear the Bass line in my head when I first imagine a song too write. For that reason my first bass lines are usually very simple maybe 1 to 5 or hang on the root of each chord. I then find when I listen to the song I’ll hear Phantom notes where a bass note seems to belong and I get a better sense of the Rhythm that the Bass line should support. Sometimes it’s more about the spaces I leave than the spaces I fill but it seems that you have that part figured out.

I have an aversion to doing the bass part so tend to do the simplest line possible…I don’t think the bass makes much difference to the average non-audiophile listener, unless of course it’s the main thing :slight_smile: but cannot think of a track at the mo where the bass actually carried the song… :confused:
but still…need to up my game bass wise, could only improve stuff I s’pose :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

best, Kevin :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Rush comes to mind

Of course…Rush… :bulb:

Great track. Liked it a lot
Neil

Nice! Love the vocal which has a Euro 80’s vibe to it. Nice message, too

I wanted a fuller bass, more lo end, and the snare, although not bad, I thought could use some EQ to make it less thuddy, more cracky. My big peeve is the acoustic sound in the beginning… it just doesn’t move me, it sounds like a sample or some rompler library. Real 12-strings would KILL in this piece! :sunglasses:

I like the guitar intro. BTW: The number of your release in such a short period of time is really impressive!

that is a real 12 string guitar…I’m definitely doing something wrong… :frowning: :frowning:

thanks for the listen Stefan, I tend to produce a song per 2 weeks but don’t post them all here…just put them on my SC page…