Sudden crash with Loops and Samples

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
Vendimion

Sudden crash with Loops and Samples

Post by Vendimion »

Hey Guys,

I have never looked at "Loops and Samples" so I decides to take a look but when I click on: Right zone > Media > Loops and Samples...
a few seconds after I click on "Loops and Samples", Cubase just shutdown...

Any tips? Is there anything I can try to fix it without any further update to come??

Thanks anyone
Cubase 10.5 Pro | Steinberg UR242 | Win 10, I7-4790K @ 4.00GHz, 16Gb / Radeon RX560 | M-Audio Code61

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Sudden crash with Loops and Samples

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Could you attach a Crash Dump file, please?

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.
Well, in fact, there is no Crash Dump File. The last crash file I have in the folder is from 2 months ago but nothing related with this issue?
Cubase 10.5 Pro | Steinberg UR242 | Win 10, I7-4790K @ 4.00GHz, 16Gb / Radeon RX560 | M-Audio Code61

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Hi,

Same issue in Safe Mode with preferences disabled. I have opened a new project then selected Right zone > Media > Loops and Samples
When I clicked on a sample I got a shutdown...

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Could you use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, when Cubase will crash, please?
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Hi Martin,

Sorry this is new for me I am a bit lost, I've downloaded ProcDump but I don't know how to deal with it. Should I just double click on procdump64.exe and run Cubase or should I open the command line and enter a specific path??
Thanks

JackJackdaw

Post by JackJackdaw »

Does it also crash if you use the media browser to view samples in a directory on the hd?
Cubase Artist 10.5, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 5, 8gb ram, NI KompleteAudio 1

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

JackJackdaw wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:07 pm
Does it also crash if you use the media browser to view samples in a directory on the hd?
Using "Right zone > Media > File browser" then going to "VST Sound" I can listen the samples and import them without crash!
Does that indicates something?

JackJackdaw

Post by JackJackdaw »

Vendimion wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:10 am
JackJackdaw wrote:
Using "Right zone > Media > File browser" then going to "VST Sound" I can listen the samples and import them without crash!
Does that

I have been having lots of crashes caused by a gpu related bug, tends to strike when Cubase is rendering waveforms, something to do with openGL i think. But im not computer tech person, just trying to sleuth it out!

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Vendimion wrote:
JackJackdaw wrote:
Hi,

This is interesting, but I'm not really sure, where does it lead to. The only one I can imagine is... The File browser is probably not using the MediaBay Database, because this one is showing all files. Or am I wrong? Then maybe to update the MediaBay Database might help.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

JackJackdaw wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 7:15 am
Vendimion wrote:
JackJackdaw wrote:
Does that

I have been having lots of crashes caused by a gpu related bug, tends to strike when Cubase is rendering waveforms, something to do with openGL i think. But im not computer tech person, just trying to sleuth it out!
Ok but thanks anyway for the tip!

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:05 am
Vendimion wrote:
JackJackdaw wrote:
Hi,

This is interesting, but I'm not really sure, where does it lead to. The only one I can imagine is... The File browser is probably not using the MediaBay Database, because this one is showing all files. Or am I wrong? Then maybe to update the MediaBay Database might help.
Hi,
The update of the MediaBay Database is something that I can do or does it require some fix in further Cubase update?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Open MediaBay window (F5). Click to the check-box next to the Factory Content to disable it. In the dialog, choose "Keep". The reenable it back. Does it help? If it doesn't help, you can try to "Remove" it in the dialog.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:34 pm
Hi,

Open MediaBay window (F5). Click to the check-box next to the Factory Content to disable it. In the dialog, choose "Keep". The reenable it back. Does it help? If it doesn't help, you can try to "Remove" it in the dialog.
Hi,

Neither the Keep nor the Remove works... Also in the MediaBay window, clicking in the upper left corner button "Include Folders and Subfolders" makes Cubase crash. Would you recommend me to make a ticket?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

If you would make a support ticket, they should ask you for the *.dmp file anyway. It's impossible to find out, where does it crash without the DMP file. Could you please search here on the forum or online, how to use the ProcDump utility? Sorry, I'm not on Windows, I have never used it, but I know lots of users have managed it already here on the forum.
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:37 pm
Hi,

If you would make a support ticket, they should ask you for the *.dmp file anyway. It's impossible to find out, where does it crash without the DMP file. Could you please search here on the forum or online, how to use the ProcDump utility? Sorry, I'm not on Windows, I have never used it, but I know lots of users have managed it already here on the forum.
Ok got it, I will look how to deal with this ProcDump then hopefully I will back to you soon.
Thanks

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:37 pm
Hi,

Hi Martin,

I got to create a .dmp file, the file is too big to put in attachment.
Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zshhgnbfbcjh2 ... 8.dmp?dl=0
Thanks

JackJackdaw

Post by JackJackdaw »

I had a peek at your crash dump. ucrtbase.dll is the culprit. This is the same problem I am having , detailed in my thread 'Cubase Crashes Everyday!' When I got in touch with support they failed to acknowledge the problem, but another user said that support did acknowledge it to them. I feel they are being cagey about it though as I have not seen an official announcement of the problem and it seems fairly widespread. You should definately raise it with support, the more folks that pipe up , the more likely a fix will appear I hope.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Ucrtbase.dll crashes are linked with a graphic card and some of them can be solved by installing proper graphic card driver. What graphic card do you use, please?
Martin Jirsak
Cubase Training

macOS (last update)

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedbacks.
Well, actually for now I have no graphic card installed. I removed it because I had issues with HD, it was better working with the processor GPU than with the graphical card...
Since yesterday I was thinking too that it could be related with graphic card so I am looking for new one. But I have no card for years now and I never had this issue before Cubase 10.5?

JackJackdaw

Post by JackJackdaw »

A workaround that has been put forward is to disable the graphics driver in the device manager so it defaults to the windows default graphics driver. This did not work for me however as my VSTs did not display correctly. Black windows and missing waveform displays etc. It is also suggested that the gpu driver's are the faulty element but i dont believe a word of it because it is only Cubase that crashes this way.

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Yes, I understand. I guess that it is not 100% guarantee that a graphic card will fix it but it could. The thing is, I had not this issue with former Cubase versions and I just realize it crashes a few days ago, so what now...
As I guess there is no issue for now unless maybe the graphic card as you and Martin have pointed out with this Ucrtbase.dll crash.
I'll try to get a new card and I'll let you know guys if it has fixed it. Thanks for the support!

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Hi Guys,

I am back with an update about the sudden crash when I click on "Loops and Samples". I have now installed a graphical card (MSI Radeon RX 560) and.... I still have the same issue...
Is it an issue related with my computer configuration or do you guys have the same??

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion »

Martin.Jirsak wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 pm
Hi,

Ucrtbase.dll crashes are linked with a graphic card and some of them can be solved by installing proper graphic card driver. What graphic card do you use, please?
Hi Martin,

See my update above

Return to “Issues”