Sudden crash with Loops and Samples

Hey Guys,

I have never looked at “Loops and Samples” so I decides to take a look but when I click on: Right zone > Media > Loops and Samples…
a few seconds after I click on “Loops and Samples”, Cubase just shutdown…

Any tips? Is there anything I can try to fix it without any further update to come??

Thanks anyone

Hi,

Could you attach a Crash Dump file, please?

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.
Well, in fact, there is no Crash Dump File. The last crash file I have in the folder is from 2 months ago but nothing related with this issue?

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Hi,

Same issue in Safe Mode with preferences disabled. I have opened a new project then selected Right zone > Media > Loops and Samples
When I clicked on a sample I got a shutdown…

Hi,

Could you use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, when Cubase will crash, please?

Hi Martin,

Sorry this is new for me I am a bit lost, I’ve downloaded ProcDump but I don’t know how to deal with it. Should I just double click on procdump64.exe and run Cubase or should I open the command line and enter a specific path??
Thanks

Does it also crash if you use the media browser to view samples in a directory on the hd?

Using “Right zone > Media > File browser” then going to “VST Sound” I can listen the samples and import them without crash!
Does that indicates something?

Hi,

This is interesting, but I’m not really sure, where does it lead to. The only one I can imagine is… The File browser is probably not using the MediaBay Database, because this one is showing all files. Or am I wrong? Then maybe to update the MediaBay Database might help.

Hi,
The update of the MediaBay Database is something that I can do or does it require some fix in further Cubase update?

Hi,

Open MediaBay window (F5). Click to the check-box next to the Factory Content to disable it. In the dialog, choose “Keep”. The reenable it back. Does it help? If it doesn’t help, you can try to “Remove” it in the dialog.

Hi,

Neither the Keep nor the Remove works… Also in the MediaBay window, clicking in the upper left corner button “Include Folders and Subfolders” makes Cubase crash. Would you recommend me to make a ticket?

Hi,

If you would make a support ticket, they should ask you for the *.dmp file anyway. It’s impossible to find out, where does it crash without the DMP file. Could you please search here on the forum or online, how to use the ProcDump utility? Sorry, I’m not on Windows, I have never used it, but I know lots of users have managed it already here on the forum.

Ok got it, I will look how to deal with this ProcDump then hopefully I will back to you soon.
Thanks

Hi Martin,

I got to create a .dmp file, the file is too big to put in attachment.
Here is the link: Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life
Thanks

I had a peek at your crash dump. ucrtbase.dll is the culprit. This is the same problem I am having , detailed in my thread ‘Cubase Crashes Everyday!’ When I got in touch with support they failed to acknowledge the problem, but another user said that support did acknowledge it to them. I feel they are being cagey about it though as I have not seen an official announcement of the problem and it seems fairly widespread. You should definately raise it with support, the more folks that pipe up , the more likely a fix will appear I hope.

Hi,

Ucrtbase.dll crashes are linked with a graphic card and some of them can be solved by installing proper graphic card driver. What graphic card do you use, please?