Unable to login to VST Trasnit

Hi,

I´m having problems to log in to VST Transit in Cubase Pro 9.0.30.
I have been able to logon before but since i have not tried for quite a while i can not quite remember which version of Cubase i had then…

Every time i try i get “Connection Error, please try again later” and i have been trying for over a week now so it´s nothing temporary.
Also, i have a friend that have no problem to connect, him also on Cubase Pro 9.0.30.

I have tried to reset the password to my MySteinberg account but that did not do anything for Transit and i have no problem logging in to my MySteinberg account to view my licenses etc.
I have even put up support case through MySteinberg but that was well over a week ago now and no reply so far so that’s why i am trying here.

Is there anyone who have had the same problem and know what could be wrong…?

Thanks
Tony Andersson

I know it’s pretty late to reply,very sorry…anyway, is this the exact wording of the message you get? The badsc login procedure has not changed from the beginning, so the question is if you have changed something else in between, like router, internet provider or the like?

Thanks for the reply musicullum and sorry for the late reply. I kind of gave up on this since i now have been through 3 different people at Steinberg support and they have not been able to help me solve this and they now seem to have abandoned the case… They have even deleted my original post on my MySteinberg - MySupport account it seems as it´s no longer there… Not happy at all with there support to say the least…

The exact wording of the error is as stated in my first post “Connection Error, please try again later”…

Yes, things have changed since it last worked as i have recently moved and have different ISP, router etc. and i have asked Steinberg support three times which network ports VST Transit uses but for some reason they refuse to answer that…

Everything else i use internet for works as it should so i can´t imagine why VST Transit should not be able to work as well…

Well… as i said… i kind of gave up on this but thank you again for your reply…

there are no ports to be configured because VST Transit works with a publicly accessible server.
There has been a connection issue on Sunday, but that was a singular case and has been resolved.
We can still try to figure it out, thousands of users have no problems logging in. If you wish so, pls let me know your system, location, and IP and whether you did any specific configuration to your firewall or use some special security software.

Just a quick update…

Bought the Cubase 9.5 upgrade and now VST Transit works for me, even in Cubase 9.0.

great, thanks and good luck