Kontakt in Cubase: Differerent articulations+same track

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum.

I’m using Kontakt’s Vienna Orchestra Library (Kontakt Factory Library) in Cubase. I score pieces for symphony orchestra in the notation programme Sibelius and import the scores in Cubase for editing. In the current project, I need to have the 1st violins play some sections in the piece pizzicato, other sections tremolo and yet others sustained. That is three different articulations in the same part/track. Is that possible without creating three different tracks? If so, how does one do it - using the “Violin Ensemble.nki” from the Kontakt Factory Library?

Hope someone can help!

Best regards,
Dallapiccola

Hello,
does that instrument have keyswitches?

Hi Superkons,

Yes, it does have keyswitches, and I’m able to play on my midi-keyboard and produce the different articulations using those keyswitches. However, I don’t know how to apply the articulations to a midi-file imported from Sibelius to Cubase. Also, when I instead try to record the violin-part using my midi-keyboard in Cubase, the articulations work fine, but they disappear when I playback the part afterwards. I hope that description made sense…?

All the best,
Dallapiccola

Simply use VST expression Map, you can find the Koontakt VSL library expression map here : http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_additional_content/Expression_Maps/Native_Instruments/Native_Instruments_Kontakt4_VSL_v1.0.zip

Perfect, thanks a lot for your help!