Ripple edit

It is not the same fast workflow.
I have a Ripple Edit Macro :bulb: which works ok for me,
but a real Ripple in Nuendo would be fantastic !

1 Like

+1

~1

Hi bro! :wink: I still use both Samplitude and Nuendo. What’s wrong with Windows? Version 10 works nicely) Ripple edit and object edit are my favourite tools forever!

Bump…

We need a comprehensive ripple editing mode .

1: ripple when events are moved in either direction on the time time

2: ripple when an event’s In/Out boundary is moved in either direction on the time line

3: ripple when events are inserted or deleted in the timeline

4: option in all cases to have single track, multiple tracks or all tracks ripple.

The Range/ delete/ insert time is a blunt tool… inefficient, unintuitive … I’d go as far as to say unusable. Try editing a long dialog piece and removing breaths, ums etc and adjusting for cadence. You’ll go mad.

After 30 years of development how can it not be included?

Please?

1 Like

+1

+1

+1
This is such a standard feature for voice over work

+1 . would be helpful for editing

+1 now that I have gotten used to this feature in other daws, my workflow in Nuendo definitely feels like a work around.

+1. Coming from Sequoia, I’m kind of shocked to not find it in Nuendo, which has a great many advanced features. Sequoia has ripple insert/delete, but also the innocuously named Link modes (for one track, or all tracks, to the left or the right), where all the other events/clips/objects can react to what your currently editing, depending on how you set the Link mode.

In Nuendo, the Crossfade editor has a basic version of Sequoia’s “Link one track to the right” mode: Chaining mode, until end.

+1. This would be a great feature.

Why have so few yet use the new vote button at the top of the thread? This is what Steinberg is using now to prioritize feature requests. I am not sure they are counting the number of folks agreeing by posting “+1”… I just used one of my votes to support this very valid feature request.

1 Like

OK, thanks for the heads-up. New user. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

No worries at all! The voting is a new feature to the forum, so I am hoping that the many +1’s here dating back to the last 12 months will find their way into votes. We now have 10 votes already!
And Nuendo 12 was just named as a game changer by an official Steinberg rep here on the forums, features no other DAW has…so who knows… :blush:

+1… Yes, please

Because the voting is severely limited (on purpose, I suspect). So each user has a very limited number of votes available.
The voting system is a useless trick.

1 Like

+1 … would be so great indeed. i use a key command with ‘select for cursor to end’ for now for years

Well actually, you do, and i do use a kind of ripple adit in Nuendo all the time when editing;

All long as you edit a crossfade on all tracks and have group editing enabled.

Using the (Advanced) Crossfade editor, setting “Chaining Mode: Until End” you can move the destination audio or clip, and anything that comes after your fade ripples along.

Just to further demonstrate how Link modes work in Samplitude/Sequoia. This video is from 2010 (and was already a settled feature then). Kraznet also discusses modifier keys (don’t get distracted) but these are also very useful for the quick temporary change of modes on the fly. Since a recent few years, Samp also has Link Modes to the Left as well as Right.

As noted by many of us, yes Nuendo’s crossfade editor with Chaining mode, until end, and grouped items, is similar, but far from a full solution. IMHO Nuendo’s roots in audio for picture (locked to a timeline), or Cubase electronic production (snapped to a grid) could be factors. Anyway all power to Timo and developers to get Nuendo there eventually.

Anyway enjoy the video snippet (duration 3 mins). Don’t cry. :grinning:

P.s. this modes is in addition to insert / delete with ripple, and four point editing, in Sequoia.