Halion Symphonic audio level is low

Another quick tip…how I deal with these expressive orchestral libraries that use CC1 or CC11 for dynamics.

I like to use a simple logic editor, and copy the note number over to a fresh CC with the same value for each note.

Result…as notes get higher, they get a little louder, and as they go lower, they get a little softer.

That’s a good ‘starting place’, from which I’ll catch and drag the dynamics of entire phrases in the key editor from there as needed.

Here’s what my logic editor looks like:

Example results after selecting all the notes/events in a track and applying it:

Note, you could instead translate the velocity of the notes into CC1 events if you’d rather do that.
Or, insert a static value, or even totally random ones!

Point here being, experiment and practice with MIDI Logical Editors…
They make it really easy, and FAST, to manipulate many MIDI events in massive batches. Edits that could take you hours to make one note at a time, or even by grouping and grabbing with the mouse in the key-editor, can be done in just a few clicks with these logical editors.

It’s big time worth taking a little time to experiment with the Logical Editors. HUGE TIME SAVER, that allows you to try out more creative ideas than you thought possible before (due to time constraints).