UR22c audio dropout still a problem?

Yeah it’s funny you mention a Pod. Recently I connected a PodXT (not live) which I think I purchased 13 years ago. Downloaded the drivers and have used it instead of my UR22mkii for a week. Not a single drop out.

Steinberg tells you things like it may be your USB mouse/keyboard software, your GPU’s software, you may have to disable your Ethernet adapter or WiFi card. Hello?? How are those solutions? The Yamaha drivers on Win10 are absolutely terrible and if you need to do things like turn off Turbo or Precision boost, the software isn’t working correctly.

For some reason if I run my RAM at default values (I have 2 sets) 2133mhz or 2666mhz, I don’t have drop outs. If I run the XMP profiles (3600mhzCL18) I do get the drop outs. With the PodXT I can run RAM with XMP profiles and have no issues. Blaming Win10 or a bunch of other software just looks really amateur.

What is frustrating is the UR22mkii worked fine for years on Win7. The unit itself is physically built well, and I appreciate the fact I can use external power adapter instead of it being bus powered. Nothing has really changed in the interface market, except maybe now they are USB 3 instead of USB 2. So having to purchase another interface, it isn’t even an “upgrade” just replacing something that doesn’t work as advertised.

2 Likes