UR22 mkII - Audio dropouts problem

Did a little more testing, the current windows 10 version I’m at now is 1903 ok?
With my simple Nuendo 10.3/UR28M Tools 2.2.1/Yamaha USB driver 2.0.4 install, and with the Bios setup with optimized (default) settings, I proceeded to follow the windows 10 optimization suggestions available everywhere, including steinberg’s. After that, I wanted to do a little test session that I could try in different configurations. So I made a 24 track mono session, with a loaded wavefile in each channel, just some acoustic tracks to load the disk, I installed my Plugin Alliance Mix n Master pack, loaded one of their channel strip plugs in each channel (one instance per channel), obviously loaded a preset for each, just to make sure the plugin is loading the CPU as would be. I then created some groups with compressors, and set sends from all the channels through them. Then I inserted some instances of retrologue, and one instance of groove agent SE. I lowered thr buffer to 96 samples (roughly 4-5 ms, good enough for me).
I hit playback and put groove agent in monitor and trigger some of its sounds from my CMC-PD in realtime. Previously, just when my setup went to hell with the windows updates, a session like this would have been droputs every second. This time everything worked much more better. The nuendo load meter was a little above 1/4. I did manage to get 2 dropouts, but it worked much more smoothly overall, nothing like before.
I then save the session, booted up, went into bios, proceeded to turned off all speed step settings, asus tweakings, turbos, c-states and what not, anything I could find in regards to making the CPU work at variable clock speeds, etc etc. Basically followed the suggestions from steinberg and shut down anything soundind related :smiley:
I saved settings and reboted, loaded the session, same settings as prevosuly. I noticed that the stienberg load meter was a little higher than previosly, but this time, with same buffer settings, hitting play and monitor in real time samples triggered with GA everything felt so much smooth. I did not get any droputs, even opened IE to browse a webpage while still playing back and triggering samples from GA, and using the CMC AI knob as jog, jumping playback all over through the track while at the same time keeping triggering GA samples in real time from the CMC PD. So there you go, with the bios as default, performace according to the load metter is better, but in practice, with the bios tweaks suggested by steinberg, altough the load seems to be a little more, the performance in general felt much more smooth overall. Now my last test, I’m currently uograding windows to the last 10-2004 may release. I want to make sure that this previosuly was the cause of rendering my system useless. If it behaves erratically again I will just do a last fresh install of 10-1903 and all my stuff, unplug my DAW from the internet, forget all this every happened and continure working… :smiley: :smiley: