VST Connect 4.0.42 maintenance update released

4.0.42 is the public release as this topic announced. :wink:

well the in app description says “public beta” and the version is IDENTICAL to the “public beta” that was released a couple of weeks ago…it hasn’t gone through all the full regression testing of the other releases. It hasn’t got the full catalina notarisation like final releases…

call it what you like of course

I see, I stand corrected

Yes that’s what I want. It’s a good idea to test on LAN for to learn all funktions. :wink: If you have a recording session and a performer with no experiences with VSTConnect, it is important to know exactly how it works. You can not do testings with a client.

agreed - do you have a phone you can tethered your performer computer to so you can test ? (I understand that isn’t ideal)

Yes, that was my work around totday. But then the next problem appeared: the Performer can not open my audiodivice (UA25). It works perfectly with WaveLab and all the others but not with performer. :frowning:. And when I had a recording session a few days ago, Connect Pro crashed 2 times and cilled my Cubase. So I thing this version is realy buggy!

what was the crash ? - do you have a .dmp file

(probably best start a new thread for this )

I just purchased Connect PRO 4.0.42, downloaded and installed. Does not show up anywhere! VST cloud still says Connect Se only. Have uninstalled and re-installed a few times. Nothing. Suggestions? Running win 10, Cubase 10.5 latest version

My version of CB said SE also but when I downloaded the 4.0.42 update, it was labeled VST Connect SE/Pro so I thought SE and Pro were one in the same? The other version is Performer and 4.0.42 isn’t compatible with that.
Someone else may want to chime in on that?

@saxguru, thank you for your purchase! I have checked the database and VST Connect Pro does not show up because the activation code you received with the order hasn’t been used yet. Please activate the license using the eLicenser Control Center and your USB-eLicenser.

I’m confused by your question ?

The SE version isn’t the same as PRO but the updater works for both.

PRO needs a licence. The licence needs installing on your steinberg elicencer (dongle)

VST connect PERFORMER works with both PRO or SE and it’s ‘compatible with that’

You were confused by my question but you still answered it. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the explanation and comparison link.

Great! finally Cylce Recording option has been added. Thank you.

Well,l whadaya know.!!! Thanks Ed.!(I must have cancelled the action instead of ‘continue’ . Trying to work too fast instead of actually reading), the buttons)
And thanks for the quick reply!!! Awesome!

Michael

When I tried to record an audio track (Vst-Instrument) and the corresponding midi track Cubase crashed. That happend two times. Where can I find the .dump file?

I found the crash.dmp files. But how can I read it? It’s only code.

I opend a new thread for that.

just send them (PM), thanks.

just send them (PM), thanks.

@Tonkutscher, could you send the crash dumps to support? I have seen that you have send tickets before. Please include the description and as much system information as possible.