Mackie C4 Pro and Cubase

That is really quite interesting. I did not know that the parameter handling works that way. Somehow i am happy to hear this, on the other side i have more work to do for the project. On one side it makes sense what you say, on the other side i start questioning how your method reflects recorded parameter feedback, since you would have same CC for some parameters. I always thought that the CC should be unique to get everything working like you describe. Or is automation data not reflected on the V-pots/LED rings?

I assume now (thx to you) that if i use all four displays and 32 v-pots, that i still need to use unique CC for the V-pots, until i switch (per banking/paging) to the next set of 32 V-pots, which then could use the same CC like for the first 32 V-pots. Is this correct?

Since the C4 can control hardware-synths and FX (via the Commander Software), i wonder if this what you say, applies to that too?!?

And yes, you are right that there are plugins and VST´s that easily exceed 100 parameters. I have lots of them.
And yes, i can give them way better “short names”. It is somehow a shame, that Steinberg did not do that already with the stuff that is already included in Cubase. Instead it looks very random what Steinberg did here. I can safely say, that the UI for parameters looks mostly like $hit and this is described in a nice way. Most of the time, i have pages where you are not able to distuingish between what is what. It looks like a clustered mess mostly.
You can change that by giving them better names and at least a seperator or a space BETWEEN the parameters, but it involves a lot of work.

On a C4, i would have a huge advantage for the other remaining three displays, because i do not need to repeat one line of the first display. In theory i could use longer names or use the line for a better description of parameters on each of the other three displays. Sadly i can only work with what Cubase supports and the MCU protocol or the Remote Control Editor assumes that we are working with a MCU that has only one display. So i can not use longer names or whole line descriptions with Cubase alone.

If i find a way how to interrogate what plugin or VST is currently used, i may include that.

It is nice that you handle most of your stuff with 2-3 pages, but in my world a good VST synth needs at least 5-8 pages for basic operating. It would be a shame for the C4, not using his huge potential regarding this. At least for me, this is the part, that makes the most fun with the C4: True, bi-directional hardware remote controlling on software synths, in a way that was not possible before.