Key Commands Overview as HTML Page

Thank you!

Just to keep resources together, here are a couple other options for default key commands (no user changes):

Thanks! Just what I was looking for… :sunglasses:

Brilliant! Thank you

Am I the only one having problems with the Key Commands.xml file?

This html file works perfectly to show what’s in the xml file, but that isn’t the same thing as Cubase show in the Key Command window.

Example:
In the html “Show/Hide Infoview” and “Show/Hide Overview” are shown as belonging to “Editors” but Cubase shows them in “Window Zones”.
In the html “Quantize” is shown as belonging to “MIDI” but Cubase shows them in “Quantize Category”.

I’m writing a program that is dependent on showing this in the right place, does anyone know why Cubase store things differently in “Key Commands.xml” than what is shown in the Key Commands window?

Weird! I don’t even find “Show/Hide Infoview” in the Key Command Windows, just "“Show/Hide Infoline”, which in turn doesn’t exist in the .xml.
Never noticed that.
So it seems that they somehow transform the file for use in the window (which is likely because the .xml is only english and for the other languages you’ll get the translated command names in the Key Commands Window).

This is pretty cool, thanks. Just curious, are you modifying the CSS in your own file to fit all commands on a single page?

Thanks a lot for creating this!

When I use this utility on Mac OS, it seems to be missing some of the key commands I have set. It seems when a command has more than one key command then the command is missing from the report. Not something that needs to change but it is something that you need to be aware of. Maybe someday, Cubase will have a Key Command export feature to a comma delimited file. Ok, I’m dreaming…

Yeah, it would be really nice if such a feature would’ve been included in cubase.
Thanks for reporting the bug, I’ll have a look at it when I can, don’t know whether it’s fixable…

Excellent! Really useful. Bookmarked it.

I attempted to convert XML in python to HTML. I gave up! I see you used XSLT in the browser is to transform XML into HTML on the client-side. Great job!

Thank You, it would be great if you could fix it. I program for a living but it is IBM Mainframe. Someday, maybe Cubase Pro 11, will have an export feature. Now that is a feature that would get some love on this forum.

Gary

Thanks! As I had no prior knowledge of XSLT and my javascript isn’t good either, it was a bit of a PITA. I could’ve probably done it faster in perl or powershell, but I wanted it to be cross-platform.

OK, I found a fix. I wasn’t able to join multiple Keys for one Command in one table cell, which would be prettier. Every Key Command has its own row. Could you please test?

This should be integrated to Cubase!

Very useful and looks also great!

Thank you!

I found it easier to right click the link in the original post and save the linked file. Mac (Safari, I think, maybe Firefox - don’t remember which) saved it as an html file. When I double click that file, it opens the page in a browser, just like it’s supposed to.

Has anybody done a nice print style? The screen display looks great, but it’s not as wonderful when printed.

Thanks for creating this!

I deliberately kept it simple so it can be printed on color or black/white printers. Printing HTML is always so-and-so.
Any suggestions how to make it prettier in print while keeping it printable?

I’m not sure I understand how to make this work. I do not have the FILE option?

Click on this link: https://janminor.github.io/cubase/CubaseKeyCommands.html
Click on the Button “Open File…” (or whatever it is called in your language, there is only one button anyway) and locate the “Key Commands.xml” file on your hard drive, on Windows it is in “%APPDATA%\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64”(or the respective version, e.g. “9.5_64”). On a Mac, look in “/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/[program name]/”.

got it. thank you!