Recording out of sync by exactly one 16th note

So I started with the project that we made two successful recordings with, and we had the same problem with the performer hearing a delay in the monitor channel for their microphone when it was brought up in the Performer interface.

I did not see his signal in the CUE meter (it’s never appeared in the CUE meter) It also does not show up in the VST Connect Cue channel meter either, but there is still a delay in his headphones between what he plays and what he hears coming back to him.

The thing is, I made no changes the two times we managed to record without an offset - it just happened, so I don’t know what to do in order to make it happen again.

Next I created a new project from the empty template, added VST Connect, connected to the drummer and ensured that he wasn’t getting a delayed signal in his monitor feed, and then imported the stems from the original project. It seems to be working now. This is exactly what I did before - but with one difference. This time I’ve selected C1 in the Control Room channel instead of Mix. He says it sounds better on his end as well.

However, now the audio comes in with a burst of white noise in my headphones when we start recording, then plays fine. He doesn’t get the burst of white noise on his end.

We’ll work a bit more this afternoon and see what happens.