N10.1: Is Transparent Mode Gone??

For those of you who didn’t use it, or for whom it did not make a difference, what does it matter? A number of those of us who found it useful now miss Transparent Events. There are examples of how and why throughout this thread, which is still here for the reading, so I see no need to address them further. To each his own. This is reminiscent of the “dongle vs no dongle” quasi debate of some months back.

For what it’s worth: I work in a variety of arenas. At the moment I’m a) stewarding production on a slate of audiobooks, b) doing post production on a collection of ad spots, and c) scoring a network series. Each of these projects has its unique workflow, for whatever set of reasons. In audiobooks, Transparent Events were important to me as they originally existed. Tracks were still color-identified, but the events themselves were transparent, which I find useful. Moving to scoring, where I don’t use Transparent Events, it was just a matter of a quick key command to switch over. I’ve been working that way for a good handful of years now, and whether the measure of utility falls short in the esteem of others who never used the function, losing it has impacted my work. I’m not hobbled, and I’m getting things done, but I do miss the feature.

Chewy