VST Connect 4.0.42 maintenance update released

Are you using VST connect with an ipad or iphone ? if not then youā€™re good to go.

Ok, thanks. No ipad or iphone, just 'puter.

Great, used on a session today and all worked great. Looking forward to the HD files timecode/position sync issue (VST Connect Pro) being resolved soon. :slight_smile:

I just updated my Pro version to 4.0.42. And the same on my Laptop (Performer). It shows ā€œPublic Betaā€ ?!?
Next thing: it tried to connect within my local network, wich worked well with 4.0.40 but now i get an error: ā€œSorry you can not connect within your local network. Make sure both sides use the same and up-to-date version!ā€
Thats nonsense! I have on both sides se same version. But it does not work.
Looks like a bug.

And now i can not go back to 4.0.40, cause there is no 4.0.40 on the download page. Only an old 3 version. :frowning:

Strictly speaking ā€œ4.0.42ā€ is a public beta although itā€™s also the latest (and most stable!) release. Much better than 4.0.40 IMO so stick with it :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve also had issues with testing via the local network with more recent version. Installed on 3 different PCs and 4 different pc/mac LAN clients. Fresh install works fine but some installs work over then LAN on cubase 10.5 but not 10 but is ok on nuendo 10 ā€¦another install works on 10 but not 10.5 !! ā€¦feels totally random ? ? So itā€™s not network specific issues (or windows firewall before anybody points that out !)

This leads me to believe itā€™s something in the cubase preferences - as VST connect pro (NOT PERFORMER) saves itā€™s preferences in the cubase project/setup.

IF you REALLY want to get it working over the LAN then you could try deleting all your cubase preferences (painful I know ) and all your VST connect Performer preferencesā€¦try it then

On the other hand I donā€™t find LAN connections at all useful - apart from testing.

The compromises you have when working with VST connect pro over a LAN seem to outweigh any possible advantage for not having to run a longer mic/headphone cableā€¦and Iā€™m a massive VST connect pro fan and use it all the time !!! YMMV

Iā€™m struggling to think of any useful ā€˜real worldā€™ LAN use application ?

4.0.42 is the public release as this topic announced. :wink:

well the in app description says ā€œpublic betaā€ and the version is IDENTICAL to the ā€œpublic betaā€ that was released a couple of weeks agoā€¦it hasnā€™t gone through all the full regression testing of the other releases. It hasnā€™t got the full catalina notarisation like final releasesā€¦

call it what you like of course

I see, I stand corrected

Yes thatā€™s what I want. Itā€™s a good idea to test on LAN for to learn all funktions. :wink: If you have a recording session and a performer with no experiences with VSTConnect, it is important to know exactly how it works. You can not do testings with a client.

agreed - do you have a phone you can tethered your performer computer to so you can test ? (I understand that isnā€™t ideal)

Yes, that was my work around totday. But then the next problem appeared: the Performer can not open my audiodivice (UA25). It works perfectly with WaveLab and all the others but not with performer. :frowning:. And when I had a recording session a few days ago, Connect Pro crashed 2 times and cilled my Cubase. So I thing this version is realy buggy!

what was the crash ? - do you have a .dmp file

(probably best start a new thread for this )

I just purchased Connect PRO 4.0.42, downloaded and installed. Does not show up anywhere! VST cloud still says Connect Se only. Have uninstalled and re-installed a few times. Nothing. Suggestions? Running win 10, Cubase 10.5 latest version

My version of CB said SE also but when I downloaded the 4.0.42 update, it was labeled VST Connect SE/Pro so I thought SE and Pro were one in the same? The other version is Performer and 4.0.42 isnā€™t compatible with that.
Someone else may want to chime in on that?

@saxguru, thank you for your purchase! I have checked the database and VST Connect Pro does not show up because the activation code you received with the order hasnā€™t been used yet. Please activate the license using the eLicenser Control Center and your USB-eLicenser.

Iā€™m confused by your question ?

The SE version isnā€™t the same as PRO but the updater works for both.

PRO needs a licence. The licence needs installing on your steinberg elicencer (dongle)

VST connect PERFORMER works with both PRO or SE and itā€™s ā€˜compatible with thatā€™

You were confused by my question but you still answered it. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the explanation and comparison link.

Great! finally Cylce Recording option has been added. Thank you.

Well,l whadaya know.!!! Thanks Ed.!(I must have cancelled the action instead of ā€˜continueā€™ . Trying to work too fast instead of actually reading), the buttons)
And thanks for the quick reply!!! Awesome!

Michael

When I tried to record an audio track (Vst-Instrument) and the corresponding midi track Cubase crashed. That happend two times. Where can I find the .dump file?