No way to stream clean Input 3/4 to Skype/Zoom/Google Meet. Am I right?

This section is about Steinberg's UR-C audio interfaces product range
SergeyZh

No way to stream clean Input 3/4 to Skype/Zoom/Google Meet. Am I right?

Post by SergeyZh »

Hello Everybody!

I'm using Skype/Zoom/Google Meet talk to my friends and I would like to let them listen my Yamaha piano connected to Input 3/4 of UR44-C.
I can't find any way to do it until I enable Loopback function because only Input 1/2 are routed to Skype.
I would like to not enable Loopback because with enabled Loopback my friends starting to listen them self with sound feedback. :-(

Only solution I found: use some another sound interface with my computer and connect Line Output of UR44-C to this interface input.
Am I right?

Thanks,
Sergey

ca-booter

Re: No way to stream clean Input 3/4 to Skype/Zoom/Google Meet. Am I right?

Post by ca-booter »

maybve this is of some help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvLuO5UQLpc
PC ASUS i7-2600 3,4Ghz |Win10-Pro 1909 SSD | 16Gb DDR3 | ASUS R5230 graphics | Cubase Pro 10.5.20, user since Atari | Wavelab 10 EL | Absolute 3 | SuperiorDrummer3 | Yamaha-Steinberg N12 FW | Steinberg UR816C+Behringer ADA8200 | Behringer X-Touch One | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Fishman TriplePlay | Lexicon MX200, Strymon Volante, Art Pro VLA II, Art Pro Channel II, Klark Teknik: KT-2A, 1176-KT, 2* EQP-KT

jrankin

Post by jrankin »

For a Windows PC (sorry, I'm not really familiar with mac) it would be nice if the input sent to the Windows PC audio(non-ASIO) was selectable. On the URxxxC it just sends channel 1 and 2 and this cannot be changed. My old RME Fireface 800 allowed you select any input as a Windows input source and that is 15 years old. I guess it is a fuction of the Yamaha USB driver, I hope we see a bit more flexibility at some time.

ca-booter

Post by ca-booter »

I know what you mean, youi cannot selct the inputs in Windows, my other N12 Interface does haves this option(also Yamaha/Steinberg driver but FW).
But........the problem here is not the interface but SKYPE obviously, see the video. And there is a solution for Wndows I read in the comments.
Another idea maybe is not to buy a secnd interface but a simple, cheap Behringer mixer or so.
Connect your mic and keyboard or whatever to that mixer and connect its ouputs to the URC 1/2.
PC ASUS i7-2600 3,4Ghz |Win10-Pro 1909 SSD | 16Gb DDR3 | ASUS R5230 graphics | Cubase Pro 10.5.20, user since Atari | Wavelab 10 EL | Absolute 3 | SuperiorDrummer3 | Yamaha-Steinberg N12 FW | Steinberg UR816C+Behringer ADA8200 | Behringer X-Touch One | M-Audio Axiom 61 | Fishman TriplePlay | Lexicon MX200, Strymon Volante, Art Pro VLA II, Art Pro Channel II, Klark Teknik: KT-2A, 1176-KT, 2* EQP-KT

boon88

Post by boon88 »

Same problem here. Only 1 mic input supported in MS Teams and 2 mic inputs in Zoom. Anyone has a solution for Windows 10? Thanks.

Pablo S

Post by Pablo S »

It's the dspMixFx; it has no routing possibilities, unless you are on cubase where you can adjust your sends to the stereo out. I have the UR44C while I like the 0 latency for the headphones and the portability, I wish I had more control over the mixes and the back end. I just switched form a 10 year old sound card, an EMU 1616, where you could send what ever you wanted to wherever you needed, and choose which asio chanel the daw would run on.
PC Lenovo Thinkstation P920 | 2 Xeon Silver 4210 |Win10-Pro for Workstations SSD | 64Gb DDR4 ECC| Quadro pro 1000 graphics | Cubase Pro 10.5.20 | Finale 26.3.1| E-MU 1616m | Steinberg UR 44C

Return to “Steinberg UR-C Series”