What's your Computer's Shelf Life?

Would an “Off the rack” gaming PC be overkill for audio needs? I’m not sure I want to buy a custom made PC anymore.

I was just comparing prices and specs between a Gaming PC and another Bespoke Audio PC. Top of the line i9 Gaming PC( Intel i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 360mm AIO Liquid Cool, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11G, 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4, RGB, AC WiFi, Windows 10 Home 64-bit ) with all the bells & whistles topped out at $2600.00.

The bespoke audio PC (i9 9960 16 Core Processor, 2TB SSD, 64 gigs of DDR4 Ram Quad video card output options Quiet Mid-Tower, Tons of connectivity for all modern Audio/MIDI interfaces THUNDERBOLT 3.0,Dual Layer DVD+RW or Blu Ray Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Fully customizable to suit your needs 2 year Warranty LIFE TIME TECH SUPPORT) was just shy of $5600.00!

I usually ended up spending $4k for each of my Media PCs and they seem to be finicky as hell! While all of my office PCs work day in and day out without a ripple. I’m starting to think a “good family Buick” is preferable to the “Ferrari’s” I’ve been buying, especially if I’m only getting 4 years out of them! :unamused: