SpectraLayers Size issues

Tried to email support but the support email won’t work, so here is the issue. First time I opened in stand alone, and within Cubase , the size was as expected. Had some freezes and crashes, but was able to repair a file I was working on. Came back 2 hrs later and the program was super huge. Can’t even see all of it unless i manually adjust the sizing. Can’t adjust preferences as the menu is too big. I have uninstalled, cleared cache, reinstalled and no change. See screen shot of Spectralayers within Cubase. Just as big in standalone. Any ideas?

Seems to be a high-dpi factor issue. In ARA mode, the host (Cubase) pass a scaling factor to the plugin. Not sure what went wrong in this case - do you have multiple monitors ? Can you check the scaling factor of your monitor(s) is set to 100% (Display Settings > Scaling > 100%).

Regarding the standalone, by default it scales to the scale factor of your monitor, but it’s best supported with scale factor of 100%, or 200% if you have high-dpi monitors. You can force the scale factor of the standalone SpectraLayers by going to Edit > Preferences > Interface > DPI Scaling >Normal (x1), then save and restart SpectraLayers.
If for whatever reasons you can’t access the settings, you can force a reset of the settings by calling “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\SpectraLayers Pro 6\Win64\SpectraLayers.exe” -reset

Yes, multiple monitors. Tried to adjust DPI but preferences won’t save as you can’t get to the OK button on the bottom.
Followed your advice and was able to force the reset. All screens back to normal :slight_smile:
Thanks, Randy

Aloha Robin, I don’t understand your instructions regarding forcing a reset of the settings.

If for whatever reasons you can’t access the settings, you can force a reset of the settings by calling “C:\Program Files\Steinberg\SpectraLayers Pro 6\Win64\SpectraLayers.exe” -reset

Can you explain in more detail?
Mahalo!
Ahfoonery

me thinks in windows powershell (run as adminstrator, because the program is in program files).

windows powershell opens c:\windows\system32 in my case. and i come from ms-dos times, i have forgotten all the commands… don’t know anymore the change directory command (cd?)

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\SpectraLayers Pro 6\Win64\SpectraLayers.exe -reset

is the string that must be parsed, huh, processed.

try it. you can execute many programs with parameters as “-reset”, it depends on the program of course. old times…

it is an old, but still a way to things. and old isn’t bad.