MR816X - Heat issues

Greetings to the Steinberg family! :slight_smile:

I’d like to do a little research about how hot (not in a sexy way :laughing: ) your MR816X can get.
I’ve noticed that the last couple of months my MR gets hot after ~1 hour. I’m not definitely sure if it’s an issue that started occuring these last months or if it began sometime earlier (also good to keep in mind that it’s hot in Greece at this time). And by saying “hot” I certainly don’t mean getting burnt by it, but it’s hot enough to make me write this post :stuck_out_tongue:

So I would like to know, do your MR’s start generating heat after some time?

Also I’ve been thinking, I’ve owned it for quite some time now (4-5 years), so I guess this could also be a dust issue? Anyone ever had to blow the dust from his MR?

Thanks in advance for your time everyone! :slight_smile:

I have had two units for 6 years, Have not noticed any heat being generated and I live in Spain (also gets hot). Lets us know if you find out why yours is getting warm.

My MR816 CSX gets reasonably hot but it’s never been a problem -It’s been used 5 days a week for a few years and not had any issues with it at all.

I have recently experiencing my MR is getting hot. I guess I have a move the rack above it up to create space.
Some outputs all of a sudden gets disconnected and it is annoying.

Mine has been in daily use for about 9 years, doesn’t get hot and no issues.

Like I said, it could be space issue. I will move some racks up to make sure air flows around it. By the way, I am on Mac Mojave.

Our above air below yo and away da heat go.

Mine is in the top of my rack , no issues here

Yours is probably boring up so you can go use that $200 discount on that $2700 AXR :laughing: