Mixing problem - no output

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Most recently (inspired by my grandson’s concert and theater performances) I have been doing multi-camera video editing, syncing with separate sound recorded on my Zoom H6 so I am familiar with the “DAW” editing principle, only with multiple video (and audio) tracks snapping to minutes, seconds and frames. I never worked with midi before, though.

BTW, I have successfully recovered my old audio tapes after “baking” them. Played them back on my Otari MX-50, digitized and then to CD. Some from college, over 50 years old. Worked with some people at public radio. Perhaps you might try it with your tapes. Here is a link to the process…

Even after baking there was still some oxide shed. Generally the tape deck required a thorough cleaning after each tape played, I tried to get everything set up so I would only need one pass through the heads.

A few years earlier I recovered some of my father’s old disk recordings from when he was on radio stations in Pittsburgh. THAT was a project. He was a band leader from the mid 1920’s through the early 1950’s, an era that pre-dated tape recording. The big stations used in-house disk cutting lathes when they needed to record something. For playback I used a Panasonic Technics SP-10 turntable, SME-III arm and Stanton cartridge with various type stylii (supplied by The Needle Doctor here in Minneapolis). I custom built a preamp with several old equalization curves (RIAA was not standard then) and custom built an L/R combining matrix to extract vertical or lateral cut disks. Then on to digital noise reduction and parametric eq. Took me several months but it was a nice Christmas present for my sister (also a musician).

GHW