OSX Catalina support

This section is about Steinberg's UR and UR-RT USB audio interfaces product range
Jwildmin

Re: OSX Catalina support

Post by Jwildmin »

I'm having this issue now. Updated to Catalina. I have Cubase 10.5.

Tried the uninstall/reinstall and that didn't work.

Anyone know of another fix for this?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Jwildmin

Post by Jwildmin »

I'm having this issue now. Updated to Catalina. I have Cubase 10.5.

Tried the uninstall/reinstall and that didn't work.

Anyone know of another fix for this?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you

shyamrajrocks

Post by shyamrajrocks »

The solution is very simple. It will def work with Catalina - Here are the steps.
1. Go to Mac Settings
2. Go to Security and Privacy
3. On the bottom left you will see a yellow lock -> unlock it to allow changes
4.In the bottom of window under GENERAL you will see ALLOW APPS DOWNLOADED FROM APP STORE & APP STORE AND IDENTIFIED DEVELOPERS
5.Click the second option APP STORE AND IDENTIFIED DEVELOPERS
6. After installing the latest firmware and driver which is https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id= ... s_ur44&L=1
6. You will see a prompt in the same window of General settings saysing allow Yamaha Software to be installed. Say YES!
7. Go to your audio settings and you will find it.

If you found this helpful do add me on instagram and we could exchange our music! - @shyamrajrocks

Linda_

Post by Linda_ »

Hi everyone,

since I've updated to Catalina version 10.15.4 (19E266), my mac can't see my UR242 anymore, I've uninstalled and reinstalled again the new drivers already, but it is not working.
I've already tried to: deinstall/reinstall the latest drivers of the audio interface, change the security and privacy setting, in order to allow apps downloaded from other developers, but it did not work. I've also tried to install the Yamaha thunderbolt drivers, but nothing. In parallel I've tested the audio interface with another macbook pro, with an older Os version and it worked right away. I searched for other solutions on the internet, but there is apparently no one that is currently working.

I hope that anyone can help me
Last edited by Linda_ on Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcrockerman

Post by jcrockerman »

Yes I did the same for my UR 242, uninstalled the driver, and it works, but I can't connect to the dspMixFx, so I have to connect it to my iPhone or iPad to control the hardware. Ugh...

Duce tha Producer

Post by Duce tha Producer »

I have duplicated the same outcome, after deleting the driver I did not reinstall it and it is now working!!!

Peace

hyunsik

Post by hyunsik »

I also had the same issue just after I installed Ur44 tool and USB driver on my new macbook pro 2020.

I was struggled to solave the problem. The following link resolved my issue eventually.
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... MIDI-Setup

The following USB driver download page also links the above page, but it's generally hard for many people to notice the link. you can find '*Important information on the installation!' from the following page.
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... river.html

TonyRogersGuitar

Post by TonyRogersGuitar »

I also had the same issue after I upgraded to Catalina. I installed UR44 tool and USB driver v2.03 on my macbook pro

I followed the steps offered by @hyunsik but I still did not have sound input from my UR44 within Cubase. Thanks to Chris at Steinberg Support, I'm back up and running!

Try this first!
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... MIDI-Setup

If you have reinstalled drivers and still unable to get sound or record in Cubase, check the following:

Close Cubase
Go to System Preferences... (Apple menu), open the preference pane "Security & Privacy" and make sure the "Privacy" tab is selected.
Click microphone in the list of components on the left.
If CUBASE is unchecked in the list of apps on the right, click to check it!!!

Launch Cubase
Make sure your audio connections and studio is setup correctly
Test audio track (click monitor for that track...) you should now have sound!

This worked for me...

pdebeer

Post by pdebeer »

I have had the same issue with Cubase 10.5 and OSX Catalina, Cubase does not recognise my Roland RD700NX. I have had no issues with previous Cubase 10, 9.5 etc. Roland drivers all updated, both on the Roland and in Cubase. AudioBox44 drivers updated.
It appears all manufacturers are up to speed for Catalina, with the exception of Steinberg.
VST instruments play ok via the virtual keyboard, headphones, speakers all good.

However its of no use to me if the Roland is dead. And I cant easily backout to HIgh Sierra, Cubase 9.5 so Steinberg has now caused me a major issue.

Return to “Steinberg UR Series”