VST Connect SE Unable to connect

Hello!

I’m unable my any means to get the VST Connect SE module connecting to my Steinberg account.
My account works on a friends computer but not on mine, so account credentials are definitely correct.
Windows 10, latest updates. LAN connection to router, nothing special. Windows firewall is off, no entries in hosts file.

Message I get is “SSO - Login failed”, see screenshot vstconnect_login_failed.png

Tried uninstall/reinstall with 4.40.40.180 as well as public beta 4.0.41.215, same issue.
Same happens with vst performer standalone exe.

This is really weird. Any ideas? I’m pretty desperate.

Many thanks,
Arne

we found that there are problems when either your username or the password contain an ampersand (“&”). This will be fixed with the next version.
Other than that, see steve’s suggestion for an alternative connection method.

Hey all,

many thanks for the quick replies. User and password both do not contain an ampersand char.
Will try login with another windows 10 machine later as well as the alternate connection method mentioned.

I’ll let you know about my findings in a future post.

Many thanks for your help so far!

Cheers
Arne

quick update: login to steinberg account doesn’t work for some reason. from no machine withing this network.
alternate connection method via ID works. next issue is VST plugins. neither VST2 nor VST3 plugins work. they load without error message but neither play any sound nor does the plugin window show up when clicking the editor button.

On which machine are you adding the plugins?

further to that, which PC does the plugin window not appear on ? Some of the earlier betas had a problem with this IIRC.

and which plugins ?

(and try the latest beta too - it’s been updated yesterday)

Performer machine. Windows 10.

What do you mean with “which PC does the plugin window not appear on”?
VSTConnect Performer is running on Windows 10, tried 4.0.40.180 and latest beta up to date. Interface is RME Fireface 800.

All plugins, tried about 60 different, including NI Komplete, VST3 and VST2. When I hit the “edit” button, no UI and no sound when triggering it via MIDI.

Will test the latest beta and let you know.

Thanks for the help!

first - get the lastest versions from vstconnect.com

second - you said

next issue is VST plugins. neither VST2 nor VST3 plugins work. they load without error message but neither play any sound nor does the plugin window show up when clicking the editor button.

is that on the Performer OR the Studio computer…assume you mean performer ?

try the latest version first :slight_smile:

Same Problem here

Everything is up to date

Message I get is “SSO - Login failed”

I tried everything, but no luck.

any suggestions?

This may happen but should work again after some time.
If the problem persists, first make sure you can log in to mySteinberg in your Internet browser. If that works, it should work with VST Connect as well.
Also you may alternatively use the ID method as described by steve (thanks for that):
viewtopic.php?p=976563#p976563