Can't Unlock LE 3 Demo

I have the same problem! I can’t activate the demo and my iPad does not seem to recognise the UR22c. I am using an official usbc to lightning cable from apple, which came with my iPhone 11 Pro max. help please… and no, there is no solution in your manual so please don’t refer to that…

Hi globus,

Thank you for your message.

This is the Cubasis forum.
if the problem persists, please state your question in the hardware forum, or get in touch with our support.

Stay healthy
& best wishes,
Lars

I have the same problem - I’m attempting to connect a StudioLogic Numa Compact 2 (NC2) to Cubasis LE3 connected via the apple camera adapter USB to an iPad Pro with ios 13.4.1. Cubasis works ok and responds to midi to and from the NC2, but stays stuck in demo mode as it (apparently) doesn’t recognise the NC2 as a compatible hardware device, even though it is listed in the compatible list.
Can anyone help? I noticed a couple of private messages in response to earlier cries for help.

Hi rousep,

These are the steps to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode:

• Connect a supported hardware to the iPad
  • Launch Cubasis LE
  • Wait for the unlock confirmation

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi Lars,
thanks for your reply,
I have carried out thse steps a number of times, with no success.
The StudioLogic Numa Compact 2 (NC2) is listed as a supported hardware device, and Cubasis LE3 is connected to the keyboard via the apple camera adapter USB to an iPad Pro with ios 13.4.1 and Cubasis can see the keyboard notes as they are pressed, but Cubasis LE3 stays in demo mode.
Any other suggestions?

pete

Hi Pete,

I’ve sent you a private message.
Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

I tried updating from LE2 to LE3 but don’t own a midi bluetooth device to unlock demo mode, is there another way ?

Hi Mod Rob,

Cubasis LE 3 comes with various devices (Bluetooth is not a must here), which can be used to unlock the app from demo.
Please find the list of supported devices on our Cubasis LE website at www.steinberg.net/cubasisle

Please let me know, if this helps to solve your problem.

Thanks,
Lars

I’ve got the same Issue here with the UR44C. After the interface is plugged into the iPad I get the activation message but the features remain locked in demo mode. Absolutely useless. 6 input interface with any input locked to channel 1/2. Problem is common to both Cubasis LE 2 and LE 3, running iOS 14. Really need a solution other than spending another $50 on an upgrade that supposedly comes with the Steinberg UR44C

Hi Smitty0306,

The apps run in a free demo mode, unless being unlocked via connecting a compatible device (such as the UR44C) with the iPad.
Cubasis LE 2 and 3 are compact versions of Cubasis, which come with a reduced feature set compared to the full app.

Here you can find the list of the features available in Cubasis LE 3: Compare the Versions of Cubasis | Steinberg

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

Hi,

Can I also get this tip? because i’ve got same problem as @rousep with my Numa Compact 2x…

Hi @m_w_pl,

Thanks for your message, and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Can I also get this tip? because i’ve got same problem as @rousep with my Numa Compact 2x…

As a first step, please make sure Cubais LE has access to the microphone.

Starting Cubasis LE the very first time, a popup asking your permission to use the microphone appears, which has to be accepted.

If you tapped “no” by accident, please change the setting manually as follws:

• Please go to the iPad settings
• There please go to Privacy / Microphone
• Please make sure to enable Microphone use with Cubasis LE

Once done, these are the steps to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode:

• Launch Cubasis LE
• Connect a supported audio device to the iPad

After a short moment, a message should appear that Cubasis LE has successfully unlocked Cubasis LE from demo mode.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi. I’m having the same problem with the UR22 Mkii. I’m using the overpriced Apple connector. The interface is showing in the settings but demo mode doesn’t unlock. I have done all of the above multiple times with the same result. The interface power light is on and I can hear my mic back through monitoring. Please help!! Nigel

Hi @nigelchatfield2,

Please find my reply in your previous message:

Best,
Lars

Hello,

I’m having the same issue activating Cubasis LE 3 using my iPad Air 2020 along with the Audient EVO 8 interface. It doesn’t activate even though I tried reconnecting several times.

Hi @gdcsolis,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

I’m having the same issue activating Cubasis LE 3 using my iPad Air 2020 along with the Audient EVO 8 interface. It doesn’t activate even though I tried reconnecting several times.

Unfortunately, Audient has chosen their iD4 + and EVO 4 devices to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode. You may get in touch with them, to let them know that you would like to see your device supported as well!

Here is the list of supported devices to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hello guys. I registered a new Audient iD14 MKII, connected to my iPad Pro 3rd Gen, installed Cubasis 3 LE, and it runs in DEMO mode. The Audio Interface was recognized, I’m able to play the DEMO song and hear it through my headphones connected to the iD14, but I can’t save my recordings and it only runs for 30 minutes. According to the product description, it should be free when this device is connected to any iPad Pro with Cubasis 3 LE.

Even in the following video, the staff shows the steps to use Cubasis 3 LE with an Audient iD4, the little brother of my recent purchase (iD14).

Remove the spaces to what the video.
How to set up an Audient iD4 MkII with an iOS Device
www. youtube. com/watch?v=nf6H7u2-ct4

Hi @Cyberpunker,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

It is in the decision of our hardware partners, what audio devices they choose to be supported, to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode.

Please note that our friends from Audient have chosen their iD4 and EVO 4 devices to be compatible and useable, to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode.

Please see all listed of supported devices to unlock Cubasis LE from demo mode, on our Cubasis LE website.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

I have the same problem as @rousep and @m_w_pl with the Cubasis Le 3 - Numa Compact 2 detection. I tried several times exactly following your description. Yes, Microphone is enabled (from beginning, but also checked again).
I have 2 Numa Compact (2 and 2x). Neither of them succeeds to unlock the demo mode. Please help!

Thanks, Johannes

Hi @joha,

The Cubasis LE unlock steps are pretty simple and straightforward:

• Launch Cubasis LE
• Connect a supported audio device to the iPad

If your problems persist, I suggest to exchange with our friends at studiologic, to make sure the Numa devices itself are properly connected to the iOS device. Furthermore, they should be able to re-check and confirm the Cubasis LE unlock to work as expected with the Numa devices.

Please keep me updated about the progress.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Lars