Wavelab not seeing audio card

Hi,
Working on laptop that is loaded with Wavelab 9 and Pyramix Native Pro. Usually this laptop is connected to an interface (RME UFXii or Merging Hapi). But I have been working in Pyramix using the RealTek Audio controller with the internal soundcard. No problem at any sample rate. I go to open up an audio file in Wavelab, as soon as I try to play (or if I try to record), Wavelab stops, gives the following error message and then closes:
“X Merging Ravenna ASIO Driver, NIC adapter not available or not properly configured.”
When I try to change the Audio connections in Preferences, it gives the same error. I have no access to change the interface to internal RealTek audiocard without Wavelab closing.

Anyone have solution to this? Thank you.
WL9 error.jpg

Drivers are listed in the Windows registry. Maybe there is some old stuff there, that causes the problem.

Look in the registry at this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

Each entry matches a driver. Can you see anything suspiscious?

You could try to temporarily remove any suspicious key to see if that changes something.
One solution is to erase the CLSID variable, that is found inside each entry.
Actually I think you could this: rename “CLSID” as “-CLSID” so that “CLSID” can’t be found (this is a key).
Or rename the value that starts with “{…” as “-{…”

Thank you. I did rename the CLSID in the Merging folder, and I renamed the Merging folder. Still same error.
Any other thoughts?

Rename more entries until…

I renamed all of them including the Merging folder it keeps defaulting too, still crashing with same error. It is as if it refuses to even look for any other audio device and does not allow me to manually change it.

Try erasing this file, then launch WaveLab.
AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 10.0\Presets\Audio Connections.last

There is no “audio Connections” in AppData. I’m running WaveLab Pro 9.

Indeed, you should look there:
\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 9\Presets\VST Audio Connections.last

Unfortunately there is no VST Audio Connections folder in Presets

The “VST Audio Connections” folder is created the 1st time you enter the Audio Connection dialog.
Do you mean you never ever opened the dialog?

I don’t remember when I loaded Wavelab onto this computer as I have multiple stations. It did work just a few days ago, but now it just crashes with that same NIC error.

The message you get is not from WaveLab, but from Merging. Ask Merging how to disable this driver.