Cubase 11

this thread should be locked.

ProTools NEEDs Ableton Link because ProTools has no capability beyond being a safe boring studio standard (which is it’s strength in the commercial world).

During? Probably.

Hahaha. I have faith in Steinberg! I think C11 is going to be something special regardless. :slight_smile:

YES!!!

+Fix crash on windows 10 when loading projects with additional vst’s that use graphical acceleration.
+Fix issue with multithread cpu’s (more than 12, for example) when cubase performance meter is overloaded and there are constant audio dropouts while task manager shows only 20 per cent -ish of cpu load.

I’ts unfortunate to see these posts turn into personal attacks. Let’s make more music and maybe not have the time for pokes and jabs.

FIX OFFLINE PROCESSING BUGS!!!

for me it will be some of disappointment if certain features will not included with C11
1:tabbed plugin container window that have option to follow track selection
2:controls on track header on project window (at least volume+pan)
3:multi channel audio wrap tool+wrap on project events
4:gapless audio (will be cool to fix this in any point’,even in middle C11 cycle if can not complete in C11 release date )
5:move/delete tracks in mixconsole

+1 to this, assuming we’re talking about applying plugins to audio clips, aspects like the ability to adjust tail length after inserting plugins without having to start over

I’m on 9.5, so if this is still an issue on 10.5 … then that’s sad :frowning:

POLL: MultiTrack FREEWARP - - vs - - MultiTrack FREEZE - if only one, which would you want

maybe a built in plugin that can analyze a track and copy all it’s content such as EQ, level, harmonics etc … auto goodizer :slight_smile:

1. Gapless playback is very important for me.
    I’m using Studio One v4.6 and v5 and Protools 12 (last update) and is more fluid and quick, more friendly and less distracting…
  2. must have in v11

Just a few weeks away now. Let’s hope for the best.

Based on the leaked manual, you can cross two things off your list.

my list ? i have seen the leaked doc,and i didn’t see any of these ? maybe different version of leaks ? i hoped anyway that is more than what i have seen or SIN :smiley:

Kostals “master” list

You do know that Gapless Audio = having to stop playback for the new VST processing to be included in the sound you are hearing right and or, for latency/phase alignment? At least, this what I have been told.

How can you add a plugin with 1000ms latency, when playback is already occuring, without there being a gap?

If you’re asking for this as a preference - then I’m pretty sure you’re asking for a rewrite of the sound engine which is not going to happen for 11, or even 11.5.

need this too

Can somebody please define what “gapless audio” means in the context of this thread? I have seen that term used to mean several completely different things.

Cubase glitches even with plugins that do not have serious latency. For example create an instrument track and insert Spire, Kontakt or something similar and Cubase glitches. Ableton Live, Studio One, Logic and lately Protools does not. They just continue the playback fluidly. As you mentioned this might need a rewrite the sound engine so I don’t expect it to change soon.