How can Cubase and Cubasis work together?

Hi All,

I’m thinking of getting an iPad and Cubasis to work on ideas while travelling.

I’m also looking at Cubase Artist 8 for a MacBook, as Cubasis doesn’t have all the features I like.

Can Cubase connect to Cubasis, and if so, what kind of connection? I assume Cubase can send MIDI clock and at least sync Cubasis audio and MIDI sequences. I’m also wondering if the iPad apps and instruments can be accessed directly from Cubase, via Audiobus or similar?

Thanks for any ideas or information!

SB

1 Like

Hi SB,

Cubasis projects can be imported into supported Cubase versions via the Cubasis Project Importer extension.
Please find more information right here: Cubasis Project Importer | Steinberg

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Thank you Lars. I’m aware the Cubasis files can be imported into Cubase. What about a real-time / synchronised connections i.e. using Cubasis on an iPad as a type of external MIDI device that can be controlled from Cubase on a MacBook.

Cheers

SB

1 Like

Hi SB,

This usecases are not supported as of yet.

Best,
Lars

Is there still no possibility to link Cubase and Cubasis together in realtime in Cubasis 3?
It would be very useful to have at least a basic link like Ableton Link for the transport controls.

1 Like

Hi phlux,

Thank you for your message.
As of yet, it is not possible or planned to sync Cubase and Cubasis in real-time.

Best,
Lars

1 Like

I am in a pickle of a situation because Cubase and Cubasis still cannot sync together in real-time. I am in charge of capturing audio, voiceover, and sound fx for a production of haunt events that are scheduled with real actors, performers, the whole nine. For convenience, I take my ipad pro on location to record sequences, etc. But my full-up soundtracks that back these items are at home in my larger-scale studio. I am manually having to email or send/bounce tracks back and forth to do the final productions. This has been painful, and has now put me in the choice of moving to other DAWs that offer syncing compatibility.

I would have hoped that you hard working folks at Steinberg would have given us this basic necessity. It’s especially helpful for film scoring on live takes. But unfortunately not. While I may use Cubase from time to time for short ideas, Cubasis/Cubase is not the solution for doing remote-to-local based solutions.

Hi @jbrown3318,

Thank you for your message.

To learn more about the limitations between iOS and the desktop world, we’ve published a dedicated forum article a while ago: About the Cubasis Importer

Best wishes,
Lars