I only have the license for Cubase 7.5 upgrade, and the full Cubase 5...

I no longer have the software installation cd’s for these two versions of Cubase and I want to purchase Cubase 10.5 upgrade. Would it still work if I purchased the Cubase 10.5 upgrade even though I no longer have the installation CD’s for 7.5 upgrade and Cubase 5 and only the license’s for the two?
Regards,
Richard Steed

Yes. You only need the license to update.

So even though I have the 7.5 upgrade license, can I pay just £171 to upgrade it from the 7.5 upgrade license and not the £256 from the full Cubase 5 license?

Do you really have two licenses, or was 5 replaced by 7.5? What shows when you launch the eLCC application?

Yes. I have two licenses. I have the Cubase 5 full version and the Cubase 7.5 upgrade. Do I pay for a 7.5 to 10.5 upgrade or from the full 5 license?

Then what did you upgrade from to get 7.5? What matters is the license on the dongle. Just make sure you purchase a license that corresponds to what your eLicencer displays.

If you want to go from 5 to 10.5, purchase that product.

If you want to go from 7.5 to 10.5, purchase that product.

I upgraded from Cubase 5 to 7.5 a few years ago. I was worried that because I upgraded to 7.5 from Cubase 5 and I thought that the 7.5 upgrade isnt classed as the full 7.5 so I thought I would have to upgrade all the way from 5 which is more expensive than upgrading from 7.5 to 10.5. Obviously, I’m looking for the more affordable one which is from 7.5 to 10.5. So I take it that because I have a working 7.5 upgrade I can pay for the 7.5 upgrade to 10.5?

All that matters is the license you actually have. If you “upgraded from Cubase 5 to 7.5 a few years ago”, you no longer have a Cubase 5 license!

If this is actually the case, only 7.5 should show in the eLicenser Control Center. And, it should display as a “full” license. You don’t have two licenses, as far as I can tell. However, since you won’t actually answer my question of what the eLCC displays, it’s anybody’s guess.

No. You’re absolutely right. I now only have a license for 7.5.