[CAN-27408] Cubase 10.5 completely slow on Mac Mojave

That screen looks so familiar to me until I forgot it was a screenshot and tried to click the ignore button. :laughing:

You could probably try opening Cubase in safe mode. If you want to give that a shot, I’d suggest to open your Project and soon as the Cubase splash screen displays hold down Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-Alt which will give you a screen with options you can try. But remember to “Open Your Project” using that option. Don’t directly open Cubase using the option. There’s more info on it in this link:

I’ve had a little more success selecting the option to disable all third party plugins than with the other options but you can see which option may work best for you. I select that option and just remove all third party plugins from the Project, save and try re-opening normally. It will “usually” work though I’ve never understood why other DAW’s I have will open without any issue with the same plugins. :unamused:

For me, its not the most ideal way to stop the crash and get your project open but sometimes its the only way.

I can’t work with the DAW at all really because of the crashes taking away from my Production time. I’ve literally lost hours and sometimes days of work when having to deal with the instability. I’ve even had sessions that I’ve spent hours working on without any problems, save them and come back to them on another day and can’t get them to open because Cubase will crash every time.

Totally frustrating but Hope safe mode helps you out.