+1

+1

+1 !!!

+1
And SAMPLER TRACK FILES please :slight_smile:

+1

+1

+1!!!

It does make sense. What about backwards compatibility though? I guess their just backup files, backwards compatibility probably isn’t such a big deal.

Cubase writes appropriate meta data into the project files and therefor “knows” which Cubase / Nuendo version the project was originally created in. Upon opening an older project in a newer version, Cubase could then just prompt the user and ask if it should keep the “old” folder structure or switch to the new one. Or by default, it could keep the old structure and have a tool integrated into the DAW, that allows the user to manually switch. Or it could be integrated into a backup option. But I am sure you are right, that backward compatibility is always an important issue to be reckoned with…

+1

yes please

Cubase could scan the project folder and, if it finds any .bak file, move it automatically to the “Backups” subfolder. This behavior could be set by a preference.

+1
Versioning of projects would be so much easier without the clutter of .bak files!

3 years later and we are still with this problem. Other daw’s don’t have this issue. Ableton folder system is very tidy and I’m surprised Steinberg don’t have this sorted yet??!!

+100000

Thank you so much for making this suggestion! Will this still count as Feature request for Cubase 12 Admins?

Voted +1

+1
why am I still here… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

+1 please

1 Like

+1 Steinberg team please make this happen. I am trying to convert my colleagues to Nuendo from Audition. These messy .bak files are one of the downsides.

2 Likes

Very good idea. +1

I create a bak folder manually atm in every project.

For some reason, I’ve been constantly thinking that Steinberg wants or likes to be stubborn. Some of the English explanations in the manual or here about why I should upload a profile picture just sound very impolite and unkind, almost as if I’m being corrected all the time, even though I’m the one who bought the product. But anyway, I Googled and came here to see that there is no option or setting where I can store .bak files in another folder than the project folder. That’s quite weird, yes. Also, because I recently opened an old project, Cubase was saying there is a more recent backup file (the .bak file) and asking if I wanted to open that one. So, I thought, while working in it, “Oh no, I lost a lot of tracks.” But the .bak file was actually not a newer project; I simply saved the project with another name, intending to have two different projects. I should never have looked at that .bak file. And yes i’m stupid, we know. And yes, I can manually place them somewhere else, just as I can manually bounce tracks that use FX channels by soloing them instead of batch bouncing tracks with FX channels. I’m looking forward to someone saying I am wrong again!