Ripple edit

+1

+1…

but I think with insert and delete silence you can also acheive a good workflow at the moment

It is not the same fast workflow.
I have a Ripple Edit Macro :bulb: which works ok for me,
but a real Ripple in Nuendo would be fantastic !

1 Like

+1

~1

Hi bro! :wink: I still use both Samplitude and Nuendo. What’s wrong with Windows? Version 10 works nicely) Ripple edit and object edit are my favourite tools forever!

Bump…

We need a comprehensive ripple editing mode .

1: ripple when events are moved in either direction on the time time

2: ripple when an event’s In/Out boundary is moved in either direction on the time line

3: ripple when events are inserted or deleted in the timeline

4: option in all cases to have single track, multiple tracks or all tracks ripple.

The Range/ delete/ insert time is a blunt tool… inefficient, unintuitive … I’d go as far as to say unusable. Try editing a long dialog piece and removing breaths, ums etc and adjusting for cadence. You’ll go mad.

After 30 years of development how can it not be included?

Please?

1 Like

+1

+1

+1
This is such a standard feature for voice over work

+1 . would be helpful for editing

+1 now that I have gotten used to this feature in other daws, my workflow in Nuendo definitely feels like a work around.

+1. Coming from Sequoia, I’m kind of shocked to not find it in Nuendo, which has a great many advanced features. Sequoia has ripple insert/delete, but also the innocuously named Link modes (for one track, or all tracks, to the left or the right), where all the other events/clips/objects can react to what your currently editing, depending on how you set the Link mode.

In Nuendo, the Crossfade editor has a basic version of Sequoia’s “Link one track to the right” mode: Chaining mode, until end.

+1. This would be a great feature.

Why have so few yet use the new vote button at the top of the thread? This is what Steinberg is using now to prioritize feature requests. I am not sure they are counting the number of folks agreeing by posting “+1”… I just used one of my votes to support this very valid feature request.

1 Like

OK, thanks for the heads-up. New user. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

No worries at all! The voting is a new feature to the forum, so I am hoping that the many +1’s here dating back to the last 12 months will find their way into votes. We now have 10 votes already!
And Nuendo 12 was just named as a game changer by an official Steinberg rep here on the forums, features no other DAW has…so who knows… :blush:

+1… Yes, please

Because the voting is severely limited (on purpose, I suspect). So each user has a very limited number of votes available.
The voting system is a useless trick.

1 Like

+1 … would be so great indeed. i use a key command with ‘select for cursor to end’ for now for years