spectalayers pro 6.0.30

On 13 Feb, I commented on this thread:

“…another memory issue has reared its head. When exporting audio, SLP used to memorise the previous folder used - 6.0.30 doesn’t do that.”

The fixes and updates list includes at point 1:

“The Save As and Export functions now use the project folder by default.”

For most of my work with SLP, I don’t use project folders - I mainly just access SLP via Sony Vegas Pro’s timeline link from an audio event to Sound Forge Pro and then to SLP via SF’s Tools link. The clone stamp is excellent for removing unwanted noise, clicks, minor wind noise, screeching children, etc from camera audio that’ll be used as background ambience/location sound. I really don’t need to create a project - I just export the SLP audio file to an SLP sub-folder in the video project’s folder.

I think I now see the problem. The .30 build sensibly defaults exporting to the SLP project folder; unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have a pathway (default or controllable) in place re exporting when an SLP project does not exist. Maybe there was an assumption (not an unreasonable assumption by any means) that everyone would create a project rather than just working ‘on-the-fly’ as I mostly do. But what I haven’t tried is to create an SLP project in.30. I wonder if I would still need to go through the search through the directories/folders to save the project to the folder that I want each and every time that a new project is created?