Glowing Review in Tape-Op Magazine.

nope I don’t expect it to teach me to drive - but then most cars have the same controls and do basically the same thing. If I buy a helicopter then I’ll probably want a pointer in the right direction…I don’t have time (or inclination) to ‘mess around for a week or two’

FWIW I definitely predate the internet and yes, I know how to read a manual. The original cubase V1 atari manual was an A5 ring bound folder - very good indeed and very comprehensive. My korg MS20 manual similarly was excellent, actually 2 manuals. One of them was full of presets and examples. I could go on.

It’s 2020 not 1978 - video tutorials are a necessity for many if not most - zero excuse for not providing them despite promising them. Could I work out every feature, nuance, shortcut…yeah, probably given time. I’d rather use some of that discovery time making some music…just my opinion obviously. If you want to fiddle your way to becoming expert that’s your call.

Also bear in mind this is Spectrallayers 6…that’s “six”…it’s not a ‘new product’