Audio Lag / Freeze / Stutter with UR242

Hey man.

I have suffered from audio drop outs (what you call stutter) since last September when I built a new PC. For me personally, they almost always have happened exclusively while playing a 3d game. It’s only happened once on desktop while I was using WinRAR.

I’ve tested a lot of things and it’s been a huge pain, but what I’ve narrowed it down to is my ram being set to XMP profiles.

I have MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX5700 and I’ve tested with 2 different sets of RAM. I tested all BIOS updates from factory to current and it always occurs only when XMP profiles are set.

For me I used UR22mkii on a Win7 setup for 3-4 years without issue, but in Windows 10 it’s been nothing but a headache. I have recently bought another interface because I don’t think Steinberg/Yamaha plan to fix the bad drivers anytime soon. For me, running my ram at 2133mhz or 2666mhz isn’t an option when I have 3600mhzCL18.

I noticed you have 2080ti so I assume you have some fast ram with XMP set, maybe do a test