NO ARA DATA, MAKE SURE THE PLUG IN IS ASSIGNED AS AN ARA PLUG-IN

Hello,

I use a iMac i9 40 gb ram
Cubase 10.5

Everytime I want to use spectral layers I get the message: NO ARA DATA, MAKE SURE THE PLUG IN IS ASSIGNED AS AN ARA PLUG-IN.

When I try to reach the plug-in via extensions I see the plug in pop up in the window, but it remains dark and I can’t activate it.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Same issue with Reaper 6.02
Any suggestion?
Thanks.

@ronnyboy : Start a new project in Cubase, add an audio event, select it, go to Extensions and select SpectraLayers. Let me know what happens (if you can’t see the SpectraLayers interface or if you see the No ARA data warning, please provide a screenshot).

@Gusadel : Start a new project in Reaper, add an audio event, click FX in the track header, select SpectraLayers. Let me know what happens (if you can’t see the SpectraLayers interface or if you see the No ARA data warning, please provide a screenshot).

Hi Robin.
I’ solved that problem.
I’ve figured out that my Melodyne 4.5 demo was working on Reaper in transfer mode as my older and expired demo of Melodyne 3 (not ARA version). Even SL plugin was getting data from Reaper as trasnfer mode and not ARA. So I deleted my expired Melodyne plugins and the entire Reaper Resources folder and re-opening Reaper again and the problem was solved. Automatic loading audio content into the plugin was ok.
Regards.
Gus.

@Robin Lobel
So, we cannot use it as Insert plugin? I tried your method: “Start a new project in Cubase, add an audio event, select it, go to Extensions and select SpectraLayers.” and it worked.