FX sends not able to turn up

I am still using Cubase Pro 8 and whenever I make an FX track and try to make a send that links to the FX track the send doesn’t give me the option to turn up the send volume. I even activate the send by pressing the button to the left and it turns blue like it should, but nothing. I don’t understand why suddenly this is happening when I was able to do sends to FX tracks before. I’m wondering if I’m not enabling something right or if I need to update my DAW or something, I haven’t found the answer anywhere. Can somebody help me?

Screenshot?

look at the attachments, in the pictures you see that some of the sends are working whereas others are not, this is a couple screenshots of an early project I’m working on. You can clearly see that the sends I have my mouse on are lit as blue but when I’m clicking on them they’re not turning up.

Well I decided to deal with the problem after all it was only occuring in two channels I just didn’t use those channels the rest works just fine I still don’t know what the problem was