Feature Requests - Cubasis

Notation integration
Conductor track … automated tempo and meter changes
Arbitrary start point … be able to tap locator and enter your desired position with bookmarks or markers

In addition to the audible notes, it is known that the pauses but also the tempo are among the most important characteristics of music.
I can not understand that Cubasis 3 still has no tempo track. As long as I can’t program a ritardando or change of tempo, Cubasis is not a wholesome music program for me.
Regards

Beat Designer… like Cubase. A proper grid based beat programmer.

1 Like

I’d like to see 6/8-11/8 time signatures rather than just 6/8.

1 Like

Please increase the gridPlease increase the grid to 128 notes and set the grid numbering.
Thanks you cool!.

Better, please, a sampler, I really miss CYCLING and at least a couple more LAYERS to create dynamic MULTI-SAMPLES.
:pray::pray::pray::pray:

the sampler is missing: repeat a fragment of the sample and walk 2 more layers

I would love to see a true global swing/shuffle setting up next to the bpm/signature and a per track swing/shuffle option in the inspector side tool.
Which both can be applied in a non-destructive manner in real-time.
But for the track swing/shuffle settings an option to commit it to the track notes when desired.

I vote for Drum maps like in Cubase and adding a transient designer :smile:

1 Like

Hello,
I’d like to suggest those feature request for C3:

1. SUPER NEEDED . While editing a part of an audio track : to be able to set the volume !!!
I know there’s a fader for the entire track, but some parts of audio tracks may require adjustments to push or lower the volume.

2. SUPER NEEDED. Track lock (on the editing AND on the mixer view) that would also be used for the groups tracks (and would be the parent lock of the tracks included in them) but you would override that on the channel itself also if needed.

1. an additionnal button on the group tracks (and also into the mixer view) to be able to reduce / expand the grouped tracks. That would help on our little tablets (and phone)
    Then, the timeline AND mixer view would be focused on those channels while pointing the group track. Also, these tracks would be highlighted in the timeline and the mixer view.
    Ideally, in the timeline view, this group track would have a graphic representation of the tracks included. I guess it can’t be more than 6 tracks (in mono mode, let’s say the first 6 tracks in the group) but it would be more ergonomic.
    Tapping on it would directly open / close the group of tracks ?

I understand that you may create multiple group track with some or with the same number of audio / midi tracks, but as they would be highlighted (based on the color of the group track) it would help us to see what’s going on.
A track included in multiple groups should have a different bright color, helping us seeing he belongs to mutliple group tracks (and eventually allow us for a “debug” if that was an error, or just help us remind that we did that on purpose)

4.Bulk actions in media editor ( “selecting all” option to sum up)

Thanks for considering.

Hi,

Below my suggestions per priorities

-Improve editing display, that’s really a pain between move tracks/fade/time stretch gesture…When your finger press too long a track, you get transport in/out, ready to loop the track; the square to make a fade, sometime you catch it sometime not…Same issue for the blue arrow for timestretching…
-Ableton Link
-Volume meter track just one decimal (ex: 2,1; no need 2,11) because that’s really enoying when you release your finger, the value change most of the time, my ears can not make a difference between a volume level at 2,10 and 2,11, and as it is now, that’s really not “ergonomic”, difficult also to be precise for paning…
-Sidechaining using compressor
-Select all tracks and get the possibility to adjust the volume in one step for all (instead of , if for exemple I need -1db in all the tracks, to do it by selecting and adjust one by one…)
-Switch output master to mono
-Mixdown in mono
-Lock tracks
-Possibility to select output track as input
-Auto time stretch and tune to the song project when playing a sample from library (like apple loops in garage band…)…I know in advance that for this one, that is surely asking too much…
-Auto save in the cloud
-Most important improve system stability inside updates rather than promotional offers and “gadgets” functionality…

Thanks

I have a few ideas/suggestions

1. Would it be possible to multiselect tracks and delete them all at once
  2. Same but now combine them into one folder
  3. One button to mute all tracks or unmute
  4. Extra option with solo. Or just solo or solo tracks are normale and the rest of the tracks 10-20db softer
  5. When taking several takes maybe add an option everytime you start again a new track is created automatically. Or when you drag the takes to new tracks you don’t have to create a new track first but cubasis will just create the appropriate track for you
  6. Option to split stereo tracks into two mono tracks
  7. Adding second ipad or phone for instruments or second screen.

Got Cubasis 3 a few weeks ago and have been working with it. I have to say I love it, but there are a few things I’d like to be able to do with it.

1. Section up the timeline (verse, chorus for example…) would be cool. I find I get lost in a complicated project :slight_smile:
  2. With Grouped Tracks, it would be great to be able to collapse/expand them, to uncomplicated the project
  3. Would love to have the ability to slow the track in bits, and/or have time signature changes. The later bit could be connected to number one.
  4. Using keyboard shortcuts is awesome. It would be great to be able to have a lot more, or maybe even to set my own.

The programme is awesome though btw.

I am aware there are tons of feature requests in this post, and not all of them would be possible to see implemented. Those two regarding the UI I think it would make the workflow easier for everyone:

Selection Drop Menu Options
Locators. Add a menu for the Selection icon with useful options for the Locators:
“Select between the locators”
“Add silence between the locators”
“Delete between the locators”
“Invert selection” (for any selection)
I think these options are currently available in Cubase and Nuendo since a long time ago and make editing so much easier! It could look like this:

UPDATE: Long press an L or R Locator can show the menu options.

Mixer Scrolling
I use lots of channels. When I need to reach the Master channel, I always have to scroll horizontally from left to right and be careful not to change accidentally any parameters of the channels I am tapping. It would be great to have a scroll bar on the mixer’s top unused area, using a discrete scrollable icon to scroll the mixer left-right easily without touching any channel.

Master Channel Lock Position
Another related improvement would be to have the option to lock the position of the Master Channel, so it would always be accessible on the right. This could be switched on using an icon or in the General Preferences. It would look like this:

I hope these little ideas could be useful.

Congratulations with Cubasis 3. You’re doing an amazing job!

Hi,

please stop enforcing users to enable iCloud, see [1].

I’ll not purchase future versions of Cubasis, if you shouldn’t remove this from Cubasis 3. Keep in mind that you have got strong competitors, providing well designed digital audio workstations, too [2].

Regards,

Ralf

[1]

[2]
See the apps above and below Cubasis 3

Hi unknown_crewman,

Thanks for your message.

please stop enforcing users to enable iCloud

We do not enforce our users to use iCloud or similar cloud storage systems when using our app.

With the release of WAVES Tune Real-Time there has been a few cases, where users had problems with their IAP, which quickly can be solved via enabling iCloud once.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

I ticked all of the original points, but I’m not a Cubasis user, yet! But it’s no tempo map/time sig changes that is a total show-stopper, so I’m just not gonna buy it if it doesn’t have that. Auria Pro does, but the latest reviews aren’t generally as good as Cubasis 3, so I’m not sure I want to buy that either.

So at present I’m just working on the principle that my new iPad Pro, which has more processing power than my old laptop (which I can happily do any of this stuff on), is just plain useless for any serious music production. Even though it’ll happily plug into my RME UFX II. :sob:

When I bought Cubasis 3, the lack of a tempo map and inability to switch time signature came as a nasty surprise to me. It is basically of no use to me without these very basic(!) features. Honestly, a sequencer/DAW without a tempo map! What were you thinking?

Hi @Nickie_Foenshauge,

Thanks for your message.

We try our best to list all available Cubasis features in the App Store and Google Play descriptions. Alongside, a feature comparison chart can be found on our Cubasis website too.

While tempo/signature track support remains on our feature list for future updates, it is unlikely that the feature will become available short or mid term unfortunately - sorry!

Best wishes
& stay healthy,
Lars

Namaskar @LSlowak :pray:t4::black_heart::pray:t4::black_heart::pray:t4:
I don’t know how anybody else see this, but isn’t it an essential feature these days to have the option to route the audio out of an instrument app directly to an audio track?

For example: I have a midi track with MiRack. The app starts playing with with host sync without any midi note. Everything will be sequenced by MiRacks internal modules.
As I see there is no way to record the audio into an audio track, right?

There are a lot of apps with internal sequencers which doesn’t need the piano roll and can’t be freeze that way. That’s absolutely annoying.

Thx for listening :fist_right:t3::fist_left:t3:

The only way is to record in AUM for example, but this is something that kills the whole DAW workflow.

Is there any plan to implement this in the near future or is it even on the features list??

2 Likes