Missing files Groove Agent SE after update and/or installing packages

A quick update from my side:
I did an uninstall of Cubase 10 (still keeping my old Cubase 9.5). I made it in steps. First I run the 10.0.30 setup to uninstall each component. Some failed but succeeded running uninstall a second time.
Then I downloaded the full 10.0.30 installer from Download Assistant. I unzipped to a folder C:\cubaseinstaller to avoid too long names in the path to the files, which might be a problem from a download folder.

The installation went fine, but when starting Cubase I got the same kind of error message again. This time for the file AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_146_GA_Studio_Kit_Eco.vstsound

Now I saw that this file actually was installed in C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\VST Sound so I clicked on Locate and pointed out the file. (I now see that a shortcut was created in the AppData folder pointing to the file in ProgramData).

After this Cubase started as it should, and it looks like it works.
However I see that FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound is not among the installed files, so I’m not sure that the installation for Groove Agent is complete. The files I find in C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\VST Sound are:
FCP_SMT_146_GA_Studio_Kit_Eco.vstsound
FCP_SMT_731_GA_Metro_Heights_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_732_GA_Nashville_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_733_GA_Simon_Phillips_Studio_Drums_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_734_GA_The_Songwriters_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_735_GA_Colliding_Worlds_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_736_GA_Future_Electronica_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_737_GA_Future_Past_Perfect_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_738_GA_Metronomic_Cinema_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_739_GA_Neuro_Mindset_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_740_GA_Prime_Cuts_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_741_GA_Alternative_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_742_GA_Beat_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_743_GA_Blues_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_744_GA_Funk_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_745_GA_Fusion_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_746_GA_Jazz_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_747_GA_Metal_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_748_GA_Pop_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_749_GA_Rock_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_750_GA_Songwriter_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_751_GA_Rock_And_Roll_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_753_GASE_Factory_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_754_GA_Simon_Phillips_Jazz_Drums_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_755_GA_Common_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_756_GA_Common_Library_Icons.vstsound
FCP_SMT_757_GA_Modern_Jazz_Essentials_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_758_GASE_AM_Drums_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_759_GASE_Rock_Pop_Toolbox_Drums_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_776_GASE_The_Kit_SE_Samples.vstsound
FCP_SMT_780_GASE_Laser_Beams_Instruments.vstsound

I have asked the support if this is correct and wait for an answer.

When it comes to other things than Groove Agent:
Except for the ones existing in Cubase, I only have one other VSTI installed on my PC, and that one still turned up without problem in Cubase 10. And the 8 VSTI included in Cubase are also there. The only thing I was missing was that my project templates in Cubase 9.5 were not copied to Cubase 10, but I could copy the files manually.

Now I have received answer from Cubase support that my reinstallation looks fine.
And I found the “missing” file FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound installed in
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

So I think everything is fine for my installation now.

Hello sundqjan for your detailed explanation. The two files that you mention are exactly the same that are missing in my system. But I can not find them in the alternative folders that you did. I believe these files were installed in these folders in your system only after you did the full installarion with the Cubase 10.0.30 installer. I guess I must do the same. Until I understand, you uninstalled only Cubase files and the external VST you left untouched.

Little detail only, for the full 10.0.30 installer I must download a 21.13 GB file.

I will report here the result.

Let me chime in here.

First off, do you have the Steinberg Library installed? You NEED this installed. From this App, the Steinberg Library, you can find and direct Cubase to all of your Sound Files - AND - you are going on about finding and storing your sound files in App Data, etc.? YOU DON’'T HAVE TO STORE YOUR SOUND FILES HERE - YOU CAN STORE THEM ANYWHERE ON YOUR DAW. Think about it, your Sound Files are typically 28G. Why would you want to bog down your C Drive with Sound Files? Reserve it for Programs. This is one benefit of the Steinberg Library, not to mention it’s listing of all your VST instruments and their individual VST Sound files.

Install the Steinberg Library and then create a VST Sound folder on a different HD. Then copy ALL your VST Sound files to it. After you’ve done this, open the Steinberg Library. From here you can direct it to your new storage folder. Once you’re satisfied everything is there, you can go back and DELETE all other folders containing sound files. (If you’re nervous, just rename this folder so the files can’t be found, and then go back and delete it after you’ve established the new storage path.)

As you open an old Project, and the files you need aren’t found, you can direct a search to the new VST Sound folder you created. You might/will have to do this for every Project you have saved with the old VST Sound path, but all NEW Projects will draw from the Steinberg Library’s location.

Hello again sundqjan:

I uninstalled the files using the 10.0.30 updater (like you, in the second round were all gone), with exception of the main application Cubase. Then I copied the full Cubase 10.0.30 installer (circa 20GB) to a folder C:\cubase_inst and used it to install all again (without uninstalling all my external VTS and VSTi). The missing files of Groove Agent are now in the same folders that you have in your system. Here Cubase found them automatically, so all ran flawless. And not only that: before, when I clicked on GA -load kit and then -All Instrument Sets, all images of my sets were covered by a shadow. Now I can see all images of my installed GA Instrument sets.

Thank you for posting your experience!

And mr.roos: I must confess that I didn’t know about the Steinberg Library. Indeed, it is installed in my system and I can see clearly where all files are installed in my system. I noted that they can be moved, too. Thank you.

Regards.

Hello again mr.roos:

I haven’t tried yet, but in my S Library I can see a “move” button. I guess with it one could just move the files, without worring about copying and then redirect and delete.

I am not sure about this, that ‘moving’ the file will actually move the file and not simply copy it and leave the old file where it was? You may have found an easier way to do what I have done - but I’m sorted in my path so I don’t even want to try this. But you should try this!

BTW, in my case, once I established the new Sound file location, when I install a new plugin with sound data I just send those files to the main Sound storage file (that I created) at the moment of install, no need to move them.

Just updated as well and have a similar lost file FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit in content :confused:

You can follow the steps that sundqjan did on Aug 12. Or what I did. But you will need the full installer file.

Regards.

Wow steinberg, get some QA on your installer team please. You know that test where you install the product your customers install and launch it on a clean machine and see if it launches?

That’s what I do for a living. Maybe you should hire someone?

1 Like

Hi all,
I’m new in the forum and I have similar problem loading instruments sounds in Groove agent se 5 in cubase 10
Everytime I try to load a sample from Beat agent kit I have the missing samples error and the search tools don’t help to locate.
This happens only with the Beat agent Kit, did you have any suggestions to solve the problem?
The only mistake I made this day is to install and then remove groove agent 5 (not the SE) thinking it was an update with license… so now I also don’t know if the beat agent kit is an original tool of groove agent SE.
I’m sorry if this is not the right place for my questions but I can’t open a new post with my account.

Hi all,
me too had the Problem with this missing files after update to 10.0.50. When startet its missing
FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound
but
FCP_SMT_146_GA_Studio_Kit_Eco.vstsound
also is not there.
I found them in the folder
C:\Cubase\Steinberg\WIN64\Cubase 10\Additional Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent SE Acoustic Agent
I copied them into the folder where cubase is missing them. Ready, now cubase is not missing them
kind regards

With Cubase crashing all the time and after buying GA5 which was also really flaky (I had the same problems that you had above). I came to the conclusion that Steinberg cannot write software and so I have change to a different DAW (no crashes) and different drum VST (no crashes no missing files etc) and now instead of wasting my time trying to fix problems caused by Steinbergs terrible software and Yamaha’s terrible support (in Australia) I now play music - how novel! - Perhaps you might consider the same.

2 Likes

I have the same problem since I updated Cubase Artist 10 to version 10.0.60. Now, whenever I launch Cubase, the first thing it does is to pop up this message:

VST Sound Library “Groove Agent SE Acoustic Studio Kit” not found:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

It seems a lot of us have the same problem. It would be great if Cubase could fix this.

I have exactly the same problem as above: I’m on a Mac High Sierra using Cubase 10.0.60 and discovered that I can’t use Groove Agent Acoustic Agent: no sound…
GA reports to me that LDW-China_Stick-Hit-Choke etc. is missing in sound archive: it’s not on my computer…
I also checked in Steinberg Library manager
What should I do?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

GAse 5 is a mess here. When I try to load ‘The Kit’, I get a missing file alert, like over 8000 samples are missing. One of them for the kit is 157 I think.
I locate and scan for it, and try to put it in the library, and I get a ‘no action taken - the file is already in the library’ message.
I tried to scan the whole C drive for the missing files, and I get a complete lockup, have to use task manager to shut down, and then have to start cubase in ‘safe mode’.
I’ve pretty much given up on Groove Agent.

I HAVE given up Groove Agent SE here… Uninstalled it.

PS. And both Cubase 9, 9.5, 10.5 and Nuendo 10 even loads a bit faster :wink:

I’d like to completely uninstall it, but I don’t know if some of the samples are cross referenced with other things, like Sonic SE.
I wouldn’t like to mess that up.
I’ve got tons of softsynths that work without problems. GA se5 is the only one I have trouble with.

Currently, it’s missing 138 and 144, and I have no idea how to get those.
I’ve looked pretty much everywhere for them and they’re nowhere to be found.

Again, as I said before in this thread:
“ You can follow the steps that sundqjan did on Aug 12. Or what I did. But you will need the full installer file.”

That should solve at least the cases where the same files are missing.

Scanning through this thread, there does seem to be a bug in Groove Agent SE. I’ve installed all content files properly, and every once in a while (say, every 30th time I start up Cubase), Groove Agent will complain that it’s missing this content file or that. Nothing changed in my Cubase installation, the files are all exactly where they were before, and restarting Cubase a couple of times usually fixes this. So while there are lots of ways to get the content file installation wrong, even if that’s done correctly, Groove Agent SE still loses its mind every once in a while. Hopefully the Steinberg developers can get to the bottom of this, it’s an annoyance.