Cubase 10.5 Feedback Survey

The HiDPI mode is still very poor. Some VST’s GUI (Avenger, Arturia etc.) looks bad and are impossible to use on big screens. Unfortunately, this happens ONLY in Cubase (!).

you already asked us this and ignored the results ?

bear in mind that number “2. Export to video” was already in Nuendo so was likely already done

why are you continuing to ask ?

Multi-track Warp has been on the list FOREVER! Yet we are still being asked to rank it?!

Give us the chance of leaving the original video resolution on the “export video” feature, please.

I want programmable macro buttons on the area above the project or below if needed.
Just simple squares you can click that are tied to what you want them to do like project logical editor presets or whatever

No one ever said the list is a guarantee and the devs also have to weigh between what is actually discussed on the forums, is logical and what was voted for. tbh, a lot of what was voted for into the top 10 is really not that important.

thank’s for that valuable insight - I shall have to have a serious rethink :unamused:

I’d presume someone is already half way through doing the Gapless thing, depending on how many top priorities it, would see more resources dumped into getting it done in time.

Once one starts to seriously improve, flying around Cubase like second nature, it is the single most annoying thing. I didn’t even notice it at first but now it really irritates me. I’m still quite slow compared to others so no doubt that irritation will grow, as do I.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Lets see this happen.

Fix the graphic errors in the mixer to… I don’t mean the subjective taste choices (1 thing pleases another hates), I mean the actual errors. If you can’t see them, employ someone who can.

Potentially, have you considered it?

Good point

Quality in anything you do? At least if it is n German!

The survey is completely outdated >> all about Cubase 10 and not 10.5!
And the translation is horribly wrong!

But nobody cares as it seems…

You know… I do not know why Cubase is sitting on Clip based recording. It has been asked for a for a LONG time and I was really hoping they would do something about it… Not yet. No new midi mapping… ugh :confused:

Having spent the weekend playing with 10.5, initial thoughts are.

1. I didn’t think Colorized Mixer Channels would be that important, but it added a much-needed splash of colour to the otherwise very dark v10. To be honest I find the GUI a bit more warm and friendly than the previous grim and dark environment, a surprising but big thumbs up on this one.

2. Padshop, new mode sounds great, but its a real shame that like Retrolouge the GUI is too small on my almost 4K Ultrawide. Guys you need to either make the GUI bigger or resizable… I know despite the sound, it’s just too small for comfortable working and I’m going to ignore this otherwise fine instrument. HIDPI is not a solution.

3. The send to another instrument feature in the sample track is broken and you can’t send a sample to Padshop… (suspect you just missed this)

4. Love the Tap Delay, but it’s not exactly easy on the CPU.

That’s about all I really had time for, I suspect some of the other features may come in handy later, like track import and the comparison EQ but was it worth £50. To be honest the extra colour has made me feel happier with Cubase and that’s worth a lot personally, Padshop would be nice if only I could see it. And the Multitap is fun but not essential. Guys it seems a shame you have gone to so much effort to reskin the plugins and yet you didn’t go vector, opportunity missed, might have helped you make the transition for your instruments.

Also why is Multitap now a different colour to the rest of the plugins…!

Don’t forget your OS has a magnifier, I know it’s not ideal and shouldn’t be needed but it can still help. ‘OS Key’ plus ‘+’ / ‘-’

For some reason every time I open Padshop or Retrologue, Media Bay etc it loads the presets very long. It happened also in v10 while there is no issue on v.9.5 that I still have installed. Maybe there is a function that is not enabled that I missed.

v9.5 was and still is stable as a rock on my system. v10.5 and 10 is having some problems especially when loading large projects. The Mac rainbow wheel of death is appearing more often or Cubase is stalling for no reason. It sometimes causes crashes. I will place here the crash report next time.

The new features are great.

Is the survey broken after language selection?

The second question in German seems to be wrong. I’ll have a look…

[Edit] Fixed!

Many thanks for C10.5.

Among the minor things, I particularly liked that you got rid of some white text on grey backgroud, introduced in C10, that I found horrible (see for example the Snap Type field in the Project Window Toolbar). That improves readability dramatically: please continue that way.

It’s a worthy update just for video export, except you could have easily implemented that for Windows 7 users. Essentially forcing me to upgrade OS mid version, which i will not risk on my main rig, along with 90pc of the rest of your longer term customers (who for a very good reason still use W7). Shocking marketing that was, at the mid point of a version as well. I’d be happy to upgrade if you want to buy me a new 5k rig to experiemnt with W10 on?

Windows 10 is rock solid 0S. Using it professionally for years now. Time to pull the trigger!