Best way to upgrade from cubase 9.5 to 10.5

Should I uninstall 9.5 first or just run the 10.5 full update installer?
9.5 and 10.5 are close enough, that it does not make sense to have both on disk.
Trying to save disk space.
Thanks, Bill

Just install 10.5 and you only need to update the license in eLCC.

Thanks, the license is already updated in eLCC.
I hope it does not install a second copy of halion sonic se

i just installed 10.5 alongside 9.5 . no issues. if you can spare the disk space. it replaced and updated padshop in both vers. i have a feeling it also upgraded halion and retrologue in both, but i cant remember for sure. i dont really use them.

Thanks

Careful when you upgrade, if you open a project with 9.5 it will show these warnings:

The plug-in “EQ” could not be found for Insert 3 Channel “InputChannel”!
The plug-in “Standard Compressor” could not be found for Insert 2 Channel “VSTOutputChannel”!
The plug-in “EQ” could not be found for Insert 3 Channel “VSTOutputChannel”!
The plug-in “Maximizer” could not be found for Insert 6 Channel “VSTOutputChannel”!
The plug-in “EQ” could not be found for Insert 3 Channel “VSTOutputChannel”!
The plug-in “EQ” could not be found for Insert 3 Channel “Synth”!
The plug-in “StereoEnhancer” could not be found for Insert 7 Channel “Synth”!
The plug-in “Noise Gate” could not be found for Insert 1 Channel “Synth”!

I’m not sure what it means but it looks like the old EQ, Maximizer, StereoEnhancer plugins are not backwards compatible and will not allow you to work with Cubae 9.5 anymore.

Hey Everyone
I both yesterday a lisence key from 9.5 version of Cubase to 10.5, i install both to Pc but i cant active the lisence when i Put onElicenser Conrol Center the Activation Code i got error:
License Upgrade
At least one of the eLicensers used during this process was disabled and cannot be used for any license transactions. Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue.

someones know whats going on here?

A “disabled” eLicenser is usually (I think) one that has been reported lost or stolen.

so what i gonna do now? i bought key…for nothing?
who can help me?

You answered your own question “Please contact your software vendor to solve this issue.”

Who did you buy it from?

I bought it from a private store about two years ago, everything works for me properly and just can’t update