(Mac users) WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Dear Ed. Please, I’m no newbie. I’ve been a Cubase user for 30 years! Of cause I’ve done all the obvious things to try to solve the problem.

If you wish to come up with excuses, please, explain this: I had two installs of v1.7.8 (one on my main SSD and on a secondary HD). Both worked perfectly.

After updating the install on the SSD, the MR816 does no longer work. It is not even recognised by the computer at all!

After removing v1.7.9 (using the supplied scripts) and reinstalling v1.7.8, the latter still no longer works. The 1.7.8 install on my secondary drive (that was never updated to v1.7.9) still works as always.

Can you really come up with any feasible explanation other than that v1.7.9 has messed up my primary SSD? It would be very interesting to hear that, in that case.

With regard to the 32-bit excuse. Last TOOLS for MR version 1.7.9 for macOS released - Legacy Steinberg Hardware - Steinberg Forums Your customers does not agree with you. Save the MR816 interface. - Legacy Steinberg Hardware - Steinberg Forums .