VCA BUG?

Fredo, thanks for the suggestion but that just it is just not how I work.

Unless I am missing something, you recommend I use Create Initial Parameter Events as a simple means to correct the unpredictable behavior of VCAs. However, in doing so it seems you expect all channels to be in Automation Read at that point. And if not, those channels should already be at their proper balances.

That’s not how I mix. I use Automation selectively, only as needed. So following your suggestion, as soon as I engage the automation on any channel I have altered since performing Create Initial Parameter Events, automation for every parameter is going to snap to whatever value it was at when I initialized the parameters. That is an absolute no-go for me.

If there is something I’m missing, I’m all ears. But following your suggestion, and my understanding of it, precludes freely moving faders, plug-ins, etc and then only engaging automation on the channels I need it on. In your scenario, when I do that, I am going to lose the balances I have spent time and finesse obtaining as soon as I hit Read or Write. Am I missing something here?

IF there is/was to be an option to Create Initial Parameter Events automatically at the point in time Automation is engaged on any channel or channels rather than a one time shot for all channels, that would cover the bases.

As things stand, I don’t see how your suggestion to globally Create Initial Parameters would be the preferred workflow in a straight up 3 minute long pop hit music production environment. That’s not how me and many of my buddies work. Please educate me on what I’m missing. I’d be happy to hear a workaround on this for how I work.