Anybody here considering Avid S1 or S4 for Cubase/Nuendo?

You are absolutely correct, Sir. I was/am having issues with the Artist Series gear and yes, the temptation is because said issues are SUPPOSEDLY FIXED.
The S1 added Function Buttons (Control/Alt/Delete etc.) which will expand some options. The crashing issue with PT Control is supposedly taking care of because you can run it on Android (they were pointing to the Apple working with PC as the issue. People running Nuendo on Macs supposedly didn’t have the problem). You can get tablets for about $200.00 a piece now and YOU DON’T NEED THE TABLET. They’re just an option. If you don’t get them, it’ll be the same as the Artist Mix. At $1300 a pop, you could get a 25 fader setup (including a Dock) for less than $5K! That was the asking price for the S3 alone!!

IF IT WORKS, that’s way more affordable than the minimum Nuage set up at 3 times that price! I can assure you that I will NOT be gambling on this! I will try it out in the store first. If I delete a track in Nuendo and the hardware doesn’t follow with that change, IT’LL BE OVER RIGHT THEN.

But, for now, I’m curious if Eucon will be salvageable for non PT users. :question: