New UR-C audio interfaces released

Hi Ed,

As a user of the dropped MR616 I sort of understand what you’re saying. Although I’m also kind of surprised since your support page has been saying your team has been testing the drivers you say are useless to develop for the last year when it came to Mojave. But I see it’s updated so it’s just working as is.

After 11 years I understand that I have to replace it sometime. There are companies that sell interfaces with a longer lifespan, but that could be because of usb like you mentioned. So my natural instinct was to go for this new interface. There has been 1 thing bugging me about the mr816 and that is that it’s incompatible with external hardware. So I have asked if that is fixed, or that I’m just dumb, but in this thread it has been ignored 3 times. I am assuming no one wants to answer, so I am giving you one more chance to sell this item.

When you use the master volume of this new interface. Will it only affect the master out? Or will the extra volume go to all of the outputs?

In other words: If I have a compressor connected as external effect on output 3. And I want to turn up my speaker/main out volume, will this mess up my compressor settings cause the volume of output 3 will also be higher cause of the mastervolume dial?

If Steinberg does not want to answer, can somebody else? I have had to buy a separate monitor controller because of this. Am I just dumb or is this just a design incompatible with my workflow and is it also in the new interface?