MIDI Control of Cubasis

It’s time for reality check… Five years after this feature had been requested it’s time to accept that it will never happen unless Steinberg is forced to do it. I think it’s obvious that not to implement it is a product decision and not a technical decision. Honestly I can also understand that they do not want to cannibalise their business with desktop cubase. If you have nearly the same features for just a 10th of the price of the desktop software… Also developing this feature will cost money that probably cannot be financed by the $50 price tag. I think that only two things could make Steinberg adding these features:

a) Another DAW with a similar workflow that is on par with Cubasis and supports these features
b) A market for an iOS DAW for a pice tag of $100+

But what are the alternatives? I tried to play around with AUM + Xequence 2 but I failed to find an AUv3 app that does audio tracks and loops in sync with the midi tracks. Moreover you spend a hell lot of more money if you buy all the AUv3 apps to have something similar to Cubasis but end up with a much more complicated setup.