Cue Sends.. 4 is not enough

Thanks Chris.

Yip, we’ve been asking for years… So, I’ll skip the Nuage Controller and spend the money on a Cue system.

Any recommendations for a good Cue system?

Initially I’ll add additional outputs and use the Nuendo sends… Simple, but effective.

Cheers,
Robin

Naively, I’m still hoping that Steinberg will eventually get it together before I’m too old to care.

Is the Nuage hardware limited, physically, to four sends or would it be configurable to handle more if they existed in Nuendo?

That’s my big question. At the moment there are only Cue Buttons for 4 Cue Sends. I hope this isn’t an indicator that they won’t add more Cue Sends to Nuendo.

The more I think about it the more certain I am that this is the reason they will not increase the Cue count in Nuendo.

Nuage is their all-singing, all-dancing control surface with full integration with Nuendo, so the users will be pretty ticked off if they cannot access all of the Cue sends in a future Nuendo version due to Nuage limitations.

I’ve never seen Nuage, but if I understand you correctly, it has only four physical controls for cues. This may indicate that from day one they never had any intention of increasing the number cue sends available in Nuendo!

Maybe Timo could clarify this for us?

I’m sure it would be easy to add cue sends to Nuage. For example, there are four physical buttons on Nuage for saving your mix setups (dialog, music, SFX, backgrounds) but often I want more. At NAB I brought this up to the Yamaha team and they have since added this ability to Nuage by making use of the ‘shift’ key; you can now store up to 8 mix configurations. No (apparent) reason they couldn’t do the same for cue sends. john.

1 Like

That’s good to know. It would be a shame if Nuage hardware were to impose limitations on Nuendo development.

All we need now is more cue sends. :wink:

That is good news indeed! Now give us more Cue Sends, please.

I completely agree, more cue sends are necessary! john.

Not only in Music Production it’s a Problem!
In times where ISDN/APTX will be killed by the telekom, we need other solutions and in a professionell Studio you have to be comaptible to nearly all of them.

So I have to switch calbes really often, because I use

• Headphone
  • APTX
  • Source Connect Pro
  • Chrome over IP Solutions (Opus Codec)
  • VST Connect
  • Dante
  • Telephone (Client)
  • Skype (Client)

So Yes, WE NEED MORE CUES !!!

Not only in Music Production it’s a Problem!
In times where ISDN/APTX will be killed by the telekom, we need other solutions and in a professionell Studio you have to be comaptible to nearly all of them.

So I have to switch calbes really often, because I use

• Headphone
  • APTX
  • Source Connect Pro
  • Chrome over IP Solutions (Opus Codec)
  • VST Connect
  • Dante
  • Telephone (Client)
  • Skype (Client)

So Yes, WE NEED MORE CUES !!!
Re: Cue Sends… 4 is not enough
Post by Dog and Pony » 31 Jan 2016 22:55

I completely agree, more cue sends are necessary! john.
Re: Cue Sends… 4 is not enough
Post by Robin Walsh » 31 Jan 2016 14:41

That is good news indeed! Now give us more Cue Sends, please.

Exactly!

Over 4 Years later, this still is a problem!!

I have created a new Cubase 12 feature request topic asking for more Cue Sends and a proper monitor control app. If you feel you need this, please go there and vote! Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s 2022 and I’m now officially too old to care!

2 Likes

I typically will rent a stand alone mixing console to do monitoring duties, as if the session were a “live” show. Band members can then mess with their own mixes as I worry about mic placement and other things, saving us all time.

I recommend Allen & Heath GL 8200 series M for monitors, as it has 16 monitor sends, which you can make into 8 Stereo Cues.

Another solution is to implement a dedicated headphone cue system that you feed direct from your own console or interface. Something like the Loud! system, or others. Study what other studios use for this. Again, they typically handle 16 inputs into a headphone distro system, and each band member then can mix from their own station. Even Behringer makes a cheap but useful solution.

No more messing with “more me” issues in musician’s headphones!

Haha!!!

RME totalmix here when my API1608 is too limited. Both for channel ount and mixes… Having a monitor setup separate from the project can be an advantage too.

But adding more sends and cue sends would be nice.

It would also be cool to have several sidechain inputs share the same signal. But that is a different subject even if the workaround now uses lots of sends.

best tegards
Johannes

1 Like

As well as more cue sends, a free app that each musician/talent can download to (only) mix their cue mix. Virtual Aviom type system built in to Nuendo.

3 Likes

That is what iC Pro was supposed to be, but it has not been updated for years. Beyond belief really.

But IC pro also had transport control and access to the mixer, other cue sends, I’d like to only give access to just one cue send per performer.

2 Likes

I agree!! Why limiting the amount of Cue Sends if we have more outputs we can use on our Audio Interfaces?