question for Nuage users

Hi.
Is it possible to synchronize the selection of the track (sel button) with the channel editor (button e) of the console.
There is an option in Nuendo but it has no effect on the Nuage.
Thx

nobody?

You mean, when you press the “e” within Nuendo, the Nuage Channel editor opens?
Is that the question?

Fredo

no. In fact, when I select a track on the Nuage(sel buton), I’d like Nuage’s chanel editor to follow.

Instead of pushing the “select” button, push the “E” button.

Fredo

Thank you Fredo for this absolutely useless answer.
This option exists in Nuendo. Worry it does not exist for the Nuage.

Well I can understand why you would want the feature. But that would limit the usefulness of Nuage in several ways.
1 you can choose to view different information in screen compared to what is selected.
2 you have dual block mode where you can see two tracks at the same time.
3 you can use multiple Nuage fader units and they need to be able to show the channel setting needed locally on the board and not based on track selection.

So there are good reasons for the way it works. However I do understand frustration that it doesn’t work the same as it does in the program.

Maybe the function “Follow ‘e’ buttons or selection changes” can help ?
In my theory (I’m not a Nuage owner), with this function switched on, any open ‘e’-window follows when you select another channel.
Maybe this also works even when the selected channel is being selected from Nuage and not directly from the computer?

You’ll find the function “Follow ‘e’ buttons or selection changes” in the function menu (the drop-down-menu arrow) in a channels ‘e’-window in the MixConsole.

Hope this works?
Niek/ Amsterdam.

@Ericg
Effectivement, je suis d’accord avec toi et je m’en doutais. Mais cela aurait pu etre une option.

Maybe the function “Follow ‘e’ buttons or selection changes” can help ?
In my theory (I’m not a Nuage owner), with this function switched on, any open ‘e’-window follows when you select another channel.
Maybe this also works even when the selected channel is being selected from Nuage and not directly from the computer?

You’ll find the function “Follow ‘e’ buttons or selection changes” in the function menu (the drop-down-menu arrow) in a channels ‘e’-window in the MixConsole.

Yes I know this function but It doesn’t work, Nuendo and Nuage are not synchronized on that.

So never mind.

Thank you for your answers

As I don’t speak french (but google does) I’m not entirely sure what in my post you referred to.

Oh sorry

that would limit the usefulness of Nuage in several ways.
1 you can choose to view different information in screen compared to what is selected.
2 you have dual block mode where you can see two tracks at the same time.
3 you can use multiple Nuage fader units and they need to be able to show the channel setting needed locally on the board and not based on track selection.