Any time table for Wavelab 10???

Some people seem to be asking for WL to become a full multichannel recorder and editor. I don’t really see the need. I agree with you that it would be nice for WL to be able to do a 2 track loopback but I can somewhat do that now. I take the output of the file I need to process and put it into my Z-Systems router. I route that to my external gear and then with the same router bring it back into WL for recording. Seems to work just fine but you do need an external router. This process creates a new file which may not be what you are looking for. But it does work and works well. FWIW

My workaround is playing out of 9.5 montage, thru console/outboard and capture in the WAVE window in WL 8.5. Been doing that for years and it works. But I’d love standard lane style recording so I could punch in on masters without all the extra editing.

++1

Just wondering if there is any more news about WL 10 or an update to WL 9? Thanks in advance.

No 9 update planned right now, because all focus on next version.

Eagerly waiting for the next version. :heart_eyes:

Maybe at the AES show in October it will be announced???

AES 2019 NY
16-18 october

Looks like version 10 is coming in october:

https://www.mastering-academy.com/wavelab-training/

How long has that been up?

This is pure speculation but I think Wavelab 10 is imminent. I’ve been checking for an update every week since last year lol. I’m always excited about new innovative ways to speed up my editing workflow in what I see is still the most powerful mastering and editing software there is out there. I still think a lot of deep features don’t get covered in public such as daisy-chaining up computers to utilise more processing.

One word … Catalina

WELCOME WL10
8)

etc
etc

as they have added a video player … please please please let it open multichannel audio files !!!

BE CAREFUL of the bass at the beginning of the interview.

In the tutorial I thought they were going to let us try WL 10 free for 30 days but it turned out to be 9.5.5 BUMMER

All interesting and a big THANK YOU to PG and his team

NOW!!! when is it going to be released and for how much $$$. Inquiring minds want to know.

do they really pre released a WL10 version or is scam? Does someone knows what are the new updated features?

About now :wink:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=297&t=170515

links still missing on the homepage but go here

:slight_smile:

I guess I got that one right

As did I - nailed it in Post 12 in this thread!

VP