Problem with the sample rate switch !

Hi, I use Version 2.8.1 of Cubasis. I don‘t know why I changed the sample rate to 48 kHz but I couldn’t switch it back to the normal 44.1 kHz. It always pops up an error message: The sample rate was set to 48 kHz because either the hardware doesn’t support your initial settings or another app is blocking it.

That’s nice but what can I do to change this?

I’ve never changed the kHz adjustment from any app or plugin and I don’t know how I could do this. That my hardware doesn’t support 44.1 is not realistic. I use the new iPad Air 10.5 and it works before with this rate.

The strange thing is that you couldn’t switch the sample rate in new projects without any other app in it. At this point I need help to solve this issue. How must I approach to change my settings back again?

Is it possible that audio files which are bounced in 48 kHz can block this switching process?

I‘m thankful for every help. Bye marshMellow

Hi marshMellow,

Thanks for your message.

Due to an iPad hardware sample rate change introduced by Apple, we were forced to change the sample rate behaviour with Cubasis 2.7. We’ve released a dedicated article “Revised sample rate handing in Cubasis 2.7”, which hopefully explains the topic.

Please let me know if this helps to answer your questions.

Thanks
Lars

Hello Lars,

thank you for your answer.

When I understand the article correctly than I have no chance to change the sample rate back to 44.1 kHz and it’s possible that the rate had changed automatically. That explain why I don’t knew why this could happen.

My problem with the rate of 48 kHz is, that it isn’t possible to export/share my audio file with 44.1 kHz. After my mixdown I can use the file in Cubase only with 48 kHz. That wouldn’t disturb me, when I didn’t have this clicking noises in my audio file. And that is the really desaster at these circumstance. Cubasis doesn’t make a mixdown without clicking noises in the audio file. With 44.1 kHz I didn’t had this noises in my file.

Is there a solution for this issue? I cannot work anymore with Cubasis, if there is no possibility to have a mixdown file without clicking noises or similar things.

By marshMellow

Hi marshMellow,

Thank you for your message.

What iPad model do you have in use?

Best wishes,
Lars

Hello Lars,

I‘ve the iPad Air (3. Generation), Model MUUR2FD/A with 256 GB. Softwareversion 12.4.1. I hope it helps with a solution.

Very nice your support.

By marshMellow

Hi marshMellow,

Normally you should be able to switch the project to 44.1 kHz under Setup/Project.
What happens if you do this and start the export afterwards?

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

that doesn‘t work. It pop up the error message which I‘ve written in my first post. So I can‘t switch to 44.1 kHz. I‘ve tried it under Setup/Project ->Sample Rate. With these setting I haven’t the possibility to export with 44.1.

Thank you for your trying to help me, but it looks like a complicated case.

Greetings marshMellow

Hi marshMellow,

What iPad model do you have in use?
And another question: Could you please try the same thing creating a new project with just a few tracks and using Cubasis instruments/effects only? Just want to know, if the issue might be related to third party instruments/effects.

In addition, are you able to share the project with us? If so, please upload via DropBox or similar, share the download link via private message.

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars,

what for information do you need in adddition to that? iPad Air (3. Generation) Model MUUR2FD/A, Softwareversion 12.4.1.

I can create a new project, with or without Cubasis Effects/Instruments, it changes nothing. Always the same error message but it doesn‘t switch to 44.1 or 96 kHz.

By the way in Auria it works with 44.1 kHz. But NanoStudio 2 also with 48 kHz. But I couldn‘t find any settings to change the sample rate in that apps. But I wanna use Cubasis because I work with Cubase as my favourite DAW on my PC and both works good together.

If I share with you my project do you need only the project-file or something more?

Have a good day. Bye marshMellow

Hi marshMellow,

Unfortunately the sample rate limitation comes from the iPad, we just provide the available rates.
So there is not much we can do about it.

Could you please give it a try to connect a headphone or audio interface to the iPad.
Once done, the iPad offers additional sample rates. Therefore it should be possible to switch the project rate down to 44.1 kHz.

Does this help to solve the problem?

Best wishes,
Lars

Hello Lars,

thank you for your help again. But nothing works. If I connect my headphone I can’t switch the sample rate. I cannot try it with an audio interface because I haven’t one which works with an iPad.

I‘ve also contacted Apple to find out if it’s a hardware problem but it isn’t. So I think I have to live with that problem.

Many greetings
Bye marshMellow

Hi marshMellow,

What exactly happens if you try to switch the sample rate in the Cubasis project settings, when a headphone is connected?

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

sorry for my late answer. I never thought that you still searching for a solution.

It happens always the same. When I choose 44.1 kHz or 96.0 kHz it pops up a window with the error message: The sample rate was set to 48 kHz because either the hardware doesn’t support your initial settings or another app is blocking it. Then I’ve only the choice to confirm that and than it closed without changing to another sample rate.

I hope that you get a reward for your effort in the form of a solution.

Wish you the best.
Bye marshMellow

Hi marshMellow,

I will further discuss the topic with our engineering and get back to you.

Best,
Lars

Hello Lars,

did you find the time to ask your engineering in the meantime?

I don‘t understand that other apps runs with 44.1 kHz but some are not. And it‘s very curious that I‘ve the problem always. That means it plays no role if I use headphones or not.

If you confirm me that the problem doesn’t exist in Cubasis 3, I would buy the newer version. Otherwise I wouldn’t purchase any Cubasis versions anymore. So long the problem exist it makes no sense for me.

I hope you can understand this.

Friendly greetings marshMellow