East West Wordbuilder not getting Keystrokes in Cubase 7

Hey, maybe someone can help, I have a feeling this was solved in a recent update of Cubase, but not sure…

East West’s Workbuilder works fine in stand alone through Symphonic Choirs, apart from the problems with it being buggy its fine. If I load in up in Cubase on it’s own instrument channel, the text edit window in Workbuilder does not recognise the keystrokes. Cubase goes mad thinking I’m pressing shortcut keys…

Does anyone know of any ways to fix it?

I would like to update to Cubase 8.5 Pro, but can’t just now, and it makes workflow very difficult having to keep a separate instance of play open in stand alone in order to get the text edited right and then saving it and re-importing it to the plugin in side Cubase…
It’s the most recent version of all the East West software…

Any help appreciated… :confused:

Hi,

Do you use the Worldbuilder as a MIDI Insert?

Hey there, I did try that, but it freezes and doesn’t actually open up, and the only way to sort it out is to eventually be able to remove it from the inserts. I looked to see if I can add it in the VST Instrument rack, but it does show up there. East West support told me to uncheck ‘always on top’ on the play window, but that makes no difference either!

I’m using it from an instrument track and going to it after I’ve loaded symphonic choirs…