Compatibility with previous Windows versions no longer maintained

Same here to a large extent. Back in the day, I used to work in the IT business - programmer/software engineer, designer, systems architect, the usual sort of career progression. Even did a stint on the sys admin side for a while. So I can pretty much work with anything, but I’ve still found Win10 to be a bit of a pain in the backside on occasions, particularly in mixed OS environments. Nothing insurmountable, but sometimes needing more tweaks, configuration hacks and jumping through Microsoft hoops than I feel should really be necessary. And don’t even get me started on the telemetry/data collection stuff and proper update scheduling/management. But, as you say, that’s just me! :slight_smile:

Anyway, enough about that side of things. It’s not a big deal one way or the other really.

I’m mainly a keyboard player and singer, although I do also play guitar/bass (badly!) and some percussion (even worse!!)

Like many keyboard players, I’m a curmudgeonly old stick-in-the-mud who beavers away in splendid isolation and doesn’t do much in the way of online sharing, online backup services or downloadable sample libraries, etc. I run my own backups here (to separate devices) and, even though it’s all a bit out of date now, I’ve still got way more sounds/virtual instruments/samples/etc. installed on the computer than I’m ever likely to really need. Most of the time, I don’t even use what I’ve got - preferring to muck around with sound design on synths or through guitar effects and what have you.

The real challenge is coming up with decent compositions in the first place. I still haven’t cracked that after four decades, but, hey, it’s still fun so who cares! :laughing: